Crawfish boil

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The more citrus the better. We also add 1 or 2 bunches of chopped cilantro to the pot. Slice all lemons, limes, oranges instead of halving (increased surface area). In addition to butter add a bottle of Italian dressing (helps with flavor and ease of peeling). Ravioli is unreal out of a crawfish pot and we also put chunks of pineapple in.
Ill try and remember this butter and Italian dressing...citrus.
That sounds right if I do a boil it'll be two potatoes an ear of corn and 5 pounds of crawfish. That'll do me. I have to figure out how to do it for one or maybe two.
I discovered I like seafood but LOVE crawfish.

OTL91

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Ill try and remember this butter and Italian dressing...citrus.
That sounds right if I do a boil it'll be two potatoes an ear of corn and 5 pounds of crawfish. That'll do me. I have to figure out how to do it for one or maybe two.
I discovered I like seafood but LOVE crawfish.
Cook a sack, eat 1/3 and then peel the rest to freeze in baggies to use later in etouffe, crawfish dressing, or stuff3d flounder

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Cook a sack, eat 1/3 and then peel the rest to freeze in baggies to use later in etouffe, crawfish dressing, or stuff3d flounder
Freeze is not a thing.
Picture yourself transported to a different time and place....the crawfish are 40 minutes away and alive. You have a pot, a fire made from pallets, and they sell the spice at the crawfish place. It's boondocking. Sorry your ideas are good ones.
They can probably teach a yankee to boil crawfish. I hope

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The more citrus the better. We also add 1 or 2 bunches of chopped cilantro to the pot. Slice all lemons, limes, oranges instead of halving (increased surface area). In addition to butter add a bottle of Italian dressing (helps with flavor and ease of peeling). Ravioli is unreal out of a crawfish pot and we also put chunks of pineapple in.
Will never stop trying new (to me things. I like it, thanks for the tip

salthunter

Reaction score
The few years living in Washington state, we had the opportunity to enjoy great fresh shellfish, crabs, clams , salmon. and other sea-food. We also learned how to cook those foods correctly.

Crab was never cooked whole.
And we dont do pot full of stuff for "boils"