Crawfish boil

dwr353

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
My wife and I went on a trip to San Francisco years ago. She is a Blue Crab junkie, coming from the Louisiana coast. She had heard about Dungeness crabs but never saw one before. We went to a seafood place on the bay. The server came over to take our order. She had not looked at the menu. She told him she wanted a dozen Dungeness crabs. He said, do you know they are $38 a crab? I liked to have choked! She got one and it was great. Talk about two Cajuns out of their element.

oleww

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My wife and I went on a trip to San Francisco years ago. She is a Blue Crab junkie, coming from the Louisiana coast. She had heard about Dungeness crabs but never saw one before. We went to a seafood place on the bay. The server came over to take our order. She had not looked at the menu. She told him she wanted a dozen Dungeness crabs. He said, do you know they are $38 a crab? I liked to have choked! She got one and it was great. Talk about two Cajuns out of their element.
I too found out shellfish prices vary greatly by states.

In Georgia, this one bar / restaurant sells the shrimp by the each. They count them out one at a time.

CookMan

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Had the dungeness crab many times in a Thai restaurant in SEATAC.. Fried quick hot in wok, added copious amounts of garlic and hot spicy tossed with Thai sauce with green chili peppers. That is bomb!

widgeon

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I too found out shellfish prices vary greatly by states.

In Georgia, this one bar / restaurant sells the shrimp by the each. They count them out one at a time.
I be dam if I'd go back there!

drahthaarducker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Dungenous boiled in fresh Pacific Ocean water is my favorite.

Maryland Blue Crab in crabcakes is 2nd.

I think every crawfish boil I've been to were overcooked