California Flyway Forum Sponsors

CWA ACQUIRES SANBORN SLOUGH DUCK CLUB FOR HUNTING!!!

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by DuckFan, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Speckslayer

Speckslayer Elite Refuge Member

Based your your statements above, State and Federal egos hamper the work that can be done on the refuges. Given that, the only option of leveling the playing field is for CWA and private landowners to do poor quality work on the private land. I don’t think that’s a good thing!

Instead, maybe the public land hunter needs to focus their anger at the government agencies that are doing it wrong! And secondly, the public hunters need to understand the reality of duck hunting where duck will stay on property with the least pressure. If you want the refuges to shoot better, limit the pressure. You can’t have both.

2. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

What??!!!

Good habitat and less pressure can improve the hunting??

Nonsense.

3. Sweatliner

Sweatliner Elite Refuge Member

Some interesting replies. Going way back I had some serious concerns with CWA. Had some spirited phone conversations with someone who no longer works there. Started showing up to meetings to see how things worked. Learned a lot. Started seeing all the positive things they accomplish. A few years pass and again had some concerns. Called up and left a message for their president. He called me back and had a good conversation. Have been involved since then regarding public land hunters.

If you don’t like what they do work to change it. Lend your time and experience to make things better. Anyone can sit back and bitch about things. Get involved

4. craig wilson

craig wilson Elite Refuge Member

I am pointing out my observations. I have not said I want to do away with CWA. I even said I support CWA.

Holding the majority of the birds on private ground has an affect on hunting public ground. That is what I’m saying. CWA makes private habitat better than public habitat, that is what I am saying I stated the reason, in my opinion why this is so. More sanctuary and less pressure on private land lessens opportunity on public land. I believe I said I might be bitching a little when I said this!
    I support CWA they continue to enhance private land and offer a chance to hunt it..... great, in the meantime it makes hunting public more difficult. I see the writing on the wall and it disturbs me.

5. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

Sounds to me like you are blaming CWA for lack of quality public habitat.

They are creating opportunity, not sanctuaries.

Solanoduckhunter likes this.
  6. mak2782

mak2782 Elite Refuge Member

Out of curiosity, how many chances to Hunt Sanborn Slough did you get before CWA bought it?

7. mak2782

PREACH !!!!! 1000% agree!!!

8. pudlduk

pudlduk Refuge Member

You must not get out much. Do the refuges closed zones not hold birds anymore? Do you just think all private clubs hold vast numbers of birds all day?? (well some of the larger ones, but the majority of the birds during the day sit on closed zones on the refuges, or areas of no hunting. The same refuges you say the habitat is lacking. Maybe they sit there because there is no pressure...………

9. craig wilson

craig wilson Elite Refuge Member

Not the poin I’m trying to make!

10. mak2782

Ok fair enough..... so maybe you AREN'T on the outside of the fence looking in any longer?

Ill say this, you're not any further away...