CZ Swamp Magnum

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Drake91, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

Anyone ever handle one of these or own one??... I'm growing quite found of over an unders lately an considering one of these to possibly replace my sbe3... I have a beretta 686 onyx 26" barrel an I just picked up a tristar setter 20 gauge 26" barrel for small game... I'm thinking about this cz for a waterfowl gun

2. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

Sounds unpleasant to shoot 3.5" shells out of. How do you like that setter 20ga ? I was thinking of a cheapo beater o/u 20ga to take on the kayak.

3. Drake91

Drake91 Senior Refuge Member

I'm sure it has a thump to it haha... I have about 100-150 rounds through it just picked it up Saturday killed some doves an busted some Clay's it's a solid little shooter... the safety is alil cheap feeling but.... I primarily bought it for a beater rabbit gun an maybe to shoot some ducks with it

4. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Senior Refuge Member

The CZ o/u guns are decent. I have handled the swamp magnum but never fired it. My o/u guns are all 20ga. One is a CZ. Have never had an issue with it. It’s my daughters trap gun averaging 10cases a year of trap plus a few days in the Goose blind every year. No hiccups or issues.

Drake91 likes this.
  5. Mallardmisser

Mallardmisser Elite Refuge Member

I handled one in the gunshop at Cabela's. Didn't like the feel/balance. I kept an eye on gunbroker and bought a used Cynergy(old style no CX based). for 1200. Was like new. 28 inch barrels. Have shot my best sporting clays rounds with it.

6. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I wanted a 20 gauge CZ Bobwhite and still do.... But I couldn't find a 20 so I took the 12. I have shot two rounds of skeet with it and hit as well with it as I do my other guns. I'll try it on ducks next weekend.

Drake91 likes this.