Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Dad Brag - Son's Eagle Scout Project

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by brake man, Nov 19, 2018.

1. brake man

brake man Senior Refuge Member

This past weekend, I had the pleasure and opportunity to work with my two boys on my older son's Eagle Scout project. One of my older son's friends agreed to join the fun and also manned the two-man auger for a few hours. His project includes the last section of fencing for our church's Steward's Garden that serves our church members and the entire Franklin community. This project is unique as that it requires a curved fence that matches the curvature of the access road. It has been hard at times to keep my mouth shut and to let him manage this entire process and the logistics with very minimal coaching and advice from dear ol' Dad. It has taken him over a year to finally get to this point as the "smell of gas and perfume" has been a challenging distraction. In a couple of weekends, I hope he will have assembled a small army of his friends and maybe a couple more Dads to install all the horizontal sections of fencing. Our church property is adjacent to the Harpeth River in Franklin, TN so the river is a big part of life in this community. If you look closely in one of the aerial photos, you can see the deck, kayak/canoe launch, pagoda-ish/swing assembly and fire pit, and other elements for our local and church community to use. I think all of these different installations have been different Eagle Scout projects, which makes this process even more special. Thanks for letting me share. If you have a son on the Eagle Scout path, please kick him in the tail and have him earn this ASAP. :)

IMG_3347[1].JPG IMG_3270[1].JPG IMG_3275[1].JPG IMG_3278[1].JPG IMG_3346[1].JPG

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Auger?!? Back in my day, we tied together two shovels to make post hole diggers. :dv

J/K @brake man; Congrats to you and your boy! :tu

freefall and widgeon like this.
  3. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

God bless the inventor of the power auger.
    (And may he prevent the drunks from wiping out all your son's hard work :)

4. Back2Maryland

Back2Maryland Senior Refuge Member

That's great! My son Eagled last year so I know how proud you must be. It is a great accomplishment and he's almost there.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

B2M

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

6. Rudder

Rudder Senior Refuge Member

Proud dad of an eagle scout here. Congrats to him and you!

7. brake man

I have told him how much this will mean to him later in life as now he is just annoyed with all the work. Looking forward to having my older son as a brother Eagle Scout and hoping his little brother will one day join the “brotherhood”, as well. Thanks for the kind comments and encouragement. :tu

8. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Congratulations on the new Eagle, and a fine project too!!

9. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

That’s awesome! My oldest son just finished his eagle project a few months ago. All we are waiting on now is for the final paperwork to go thru in Texas.

10. brake man

Congratulations to you Dads of new Eagles and to your sons! I know you and your families are proud of your boys. :clap :grvn