Dahmer

calling4life

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you wish to defeat such a thing, you must first understand it, or at worst, it helps greatly to understand it.

If you carry, considering, studying, thinking about horrible scenarios is part of the responsibility of doing such. Your brain can't go places it's never been.

If you don't think about how you'll react if the person filling up their tank next to you all of a sudden loses their head, as you see a person with a sword emerge from behind them, your reactions are far more likely to be poor, get you killed. Thinking about these things helps prepare you.

If you don't realize that going to "the next place" with the kidnappers is such a horrible idea that any expert will tell you, even if you're at a severe, truly severe disadvantage, to make the stand immediately and NEVER, EVER, go to "the next place," then you may go to the next place.

Massad Ayoob recommends people who carry to read this: "Spitz and Fisher's Medicolegal Investigation of Death : Guidelines for the Application of Pathology to Crime Investigation 3rd edition."

"MEDICOLEGAL INVESTIGATION OF DEATH, known as the "bible" of forensic pathology to pathologists around the world" "The many new illustrations, diagrams and sketches showing patterns and mechanisms of injury as well as an inclusive index render this book unique."

It's a book with detailed photos of mangled bodies from people that have been brutally murdered, in accidents, bludgeoned to death, so on and so forth.

Why would you look at such a thing, well, because if you do, and you find yourself on trial, and the prosecutor asks, "why did you consider a guy with a beer bottle a deadly threat, in fact, so much of a deadly threat that you drew a gun and shot him, why not simply put a chair between you and him..."

You can say, well, on page 374 of Spitz and Fisher's ... there is the examination of a body that was beaten to death with a bottle much like ...

On and on, then, into evidence will be admitted this book, and the jury will have to look at the photos, of a body that looks like it got hit by several cars, mangled beyond recognition, and they will see, that in fact, YES, A BOTTLE IS DEFINITELY A DEADLY WEAPON.

Do you want to look at such a book, boy, I kind of hope not, it's been in my cart for about 2 years and I can't bring myself to buy it even knowing the utility, but it pays to do so as it can then be admitted as evidence and vindicate your reasonableness in concluding there was a deadly threat.

Do you want to watch interrogations and look at crime scene photos, perhaps not again, but again, this knowledge could not only save you in trial, but could save your life at the time of the incident.

The utility in examining said materials should not be underestimated and is almost impossible to overstate.

And yes I realize I noted that one would be wise to read said book, and as was recommended by Massad (an expert on defense of life incidents), and then noted I haven't bought it, meaning I haven't read it, but personal lapses/reservations don't change the point.

As far as watching TV shows that aren't strictly fact based and are for entertainment... IDK, suppose it isn't much different than watching horror films.

Anyways, it pays to know your enemy.

Lester Scaup

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you wish to defeat such a thing, you must first understand it, or at worst, it helps greatly to understand it.

If you carry, considering, studying, thinking about horrible scenarios is part of the responsibility of doing such. Your brain can't go places it's never been.

If you don't think about how you'll react if the person filling up their tank next to you all of a sudden loses their head, as you see a person with a sword emerge from behind them, your reactions are far more likely to be poor, get you killed. Thinking about these things helps prepare you.

If you don't realize that going to "the next place" with the kidnappers is such a horrible idea that any expert will tell you, even if you're at a severe, truly severe disadvantage, to make the stand immediately and NEVER, EVER, go to "the next place," then you may go to the next place.

Massad Ayoob recommends people who carry to read this: "Spitz and Fisher's Medicolegal Investigation of Death : Guidelines for the Application of Pathology to Crime Investigation 3rd edition."

"MEDICOLEGAL INVESTIGATION OF DEATH, known as the "bible" of forensic pathology to pathologists around the world" "The many new illustrations, diagrams and sketches showing patterns and mechanisms of injury as well as an inclusive index render this book unique."

It's a book with detailed photos of mangled bodies from people that have been brutally murdered, in accidents, bludgeoned to death, so on and so forth.

Why would you look at such a thing, well, because if you do, and you find yourself on trial, and the prosecutor asks, "why did you consider a guy with a beer bottle a deadly threat, in fact, so much of a deadly threat that you drew a gun and shot him, why not simply put a chair between you and him..."

You can say, well, on page 374 of Spitz and Fisher's ... there is the examination of a body that was beaten to death with a bottle much like ...

On and on, then, into evidence will be admitted this book, and the jury will have to look at the photos, of a body that looks like it got hit by several cars, mangled beyond recognition, and they will see, that in fact, YES, A BOTTLE IS DEFINITELY A DEADLY WEAPON.

Do you want to look at such a book, boy, I kind of hope not, it's been in my cart for about 2 years and I can't bring myself to buy it even knowing the utility, but it pays to do so as it can then be admitted as evidence and vindicate your reasonableness in concluding there was a deadly threat.

Do you want to watch interrogations and look at crime scene photos, perhaps not again, but again, this knowledge could not only save you in trial, but could save your life at the time of the incident.

The utility in examining said materials should not be underestimated and is almost impossible to overstate.

And yes I realize I noted that one would be wise to read said book, and as was recommended by Massad (an expert on defense of life incidents), and then noted I haven't bought it, meaning I haven't read it, but personal lapses/reservations don't change the point.

As far as watching TV shows that aren't strictly fact based and are for entertainment... IDK, suppose it isn't much different than watching horror films.

Anyways, it pays to know your enemy.
You must be a hoot at parties

fishmunkee

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Every time I drive by the prison he was put in I think "poor mixed up bludgeoned Jeffery"... not.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Y'all are crazy watching that chit. :l :l

That forker killed people, boiled them, and ate them. What, exactly, else do you need to know? :l

Me: Jeffrey Dahmer, a gay guy, lured other gay guys to his house, killed them, boiled them, and ate them.

You: I want to watch that!!

Me: NO!!! Watch a ballgame.... or Wicked Tuna...what the hell is wrong with you. :l
He wasn't meaning to kill them originally. He was just trying to make a sex slave. He also kept a dead guy in his shower, and continued to use the shower for a while. Can't imagine how that smelled.

I have zero interest in watching anything about that dude.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Y'all are crazy watching that chit. :l :l

That forker killed people, boiled them, and ate them. What, exactly, else do you need to know? :l

Me: Jeffrey Dahmer, a gay guy, lured other gay guys to his house, killed them, boiled them, and ate them.

You: I want to watch that!!

Me: NO!!! Watch a ballgame.... or Wicked Tuna...what the hell is wrong with you. :l

You sir, ARE CORRECT!!!

I felt the same way about that tiger show during the rona lock downs. Anybody who wanted to watch it was immediately suspect.

BigSkyDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Jeffrey Dahmer is a part of American history one way or another. I’ve see a couple episodes of the show; it’s obviously a dramatization of sorts, but I think there are still things that can be learned about that part of history by watching it. I will say I’d be disgusted if it glamorized him at all, but from what I’ve seen so far it’s the opposite. It portrays him as so weird, creepy, awkward, and brutal that it makes me wonder how he stayed under the radar for so long.

As for the Tiger King, that was just good fun American entertainment and if you don’t agree you might just have some psychiatric issues of your own to look into.

Vahunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Vahunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I always enjoyed psychology and sociology classes in high school and college. Minored in it. Was always fascinated by what makes people tick a certain way. May hafta watch that one
As a young adult, I was fascinated about how various notorious crimes were ultimately solved. However, that guy was beyond weird......

Latest posts