David Price day gunning

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Cfoty, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cfoty

Cfoty Senior Refuge Member

saw on Facebook where David Price is leasing blinds by the day. According to the post he has a lot of property throughout The Eastern Shore. Sounds like it is Kent and possibly Queene Anne's county. Does anybody know anything about this? His price is reasonable which always makes me think something's wrong

2. Bwana1

Bwana1 Elite Refuge Member

What's the price. Does it include guide, decoys, etc. or are you just leasing a hole in the ground?

3. easternshorerednek

easternshorerednek Elite Refuge Member

Don't know the man and have never hunted any of his properties. I do recall an AD on craigslist warning about his guide service/GUN club over the summer. I don't know the details. His reputation around Kent County doesn't seem to be the best but if he has been in business for all those years he must be doing something right.

4. Cfoty

Cfoty Senior Refuge Member

It's 300 for the blind or pit plus an additional 25 for decoys if needed or you can bring your own. The blind/pit can hold up to 5 hunters. For my guys this would work but I don't want to waste my time if it's a scam. Was hoping someone would have more info. May just have to do it and if I waste money oh well.

5. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

At that rate probably worth checkin out.
    $300 bucks for one day that stinks is much better than $5000 for a whole season of stink.
    I suggest not going on a Saturday when he likely has other groups (guided & unguided) out.

6. straitmeat72

straitmeat72 Elite Refuge Member

exactly what this guy says. you have been warned. message me if you want details I will gladly give them to ya.

7. easternshorerednek

easternshorerednek Elite Refuge Member

From my passed experience with guides that sublease farms I can give you a fairly straight forward answer. They keep the better half/area for themselves and lease off the other unproductive sections of the farm to help cover the farm rent. This helps lower their operating cost and allows them to make more money. If a pit/blind is worth hunting they will keep it to themselves. It's that simple, because they can make $800 a day off of it.

Years ago when I was young and naive I called David Price about leasing a blind he had advertised. I knew where the farm was, and knew it was a great area. When I got there I called him on the phone. He told me the blind that was for lease. It was in the corner of a field next to the woods where I couldn't imagine a goose would ever land. I told him the only way I was interested for the $3500 price tag was if he leased me the field on the whole side of the lane and obviously he declined because he wanted to be able to hunt that field.

Guides don't worry about keeping those who are dumb enough to pay for sub leases happy because they don't expect them to come back the following year. There is always some dumb "out of stater" ready to get screwed the next year.

Another example I can give you was when I used to day lease off of a guide in Rock Hall. He had four farms. Great farms in great areas. He also had two guides and himself that took parties and another group of day leasers like myself. Needless to say the farms were hunted every single day and by Jan 1st it was very difficult to get the geese to even look at your spread. And to make things worse when you called to find out where he wanted you to hunt the next day he would make sure him and his guides were in the best spots and would give us the leftover pit/blind where the geese hadn't been using.

If you want a good spot to consistently kill your birds your going to have to find a hunt club that cares about not over hunting. A small one that doesn't operate for profit is your best bet. Or if you can lease a pit in a high flyway area with no other pits in the same field you should be fine. Rock Hall Gun Club used to be nortotious for having 4,5, or 6 pits on the same farm and subleasing all of them. People were dumb enough to rent them year after year.

Ask around Kent County about David Price and I think you will find out all the information you need to know. Not to mention I knew boy who he was going to hire to guide for him that couldn't find his *** with both hands when it came to goose hunting. Rumor has it that he will hire just anyone, but I don't know for sure.

Good Luck.

8. gone goosin

gone goosin Elite Refuge Member

First hand knowledge....DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS ***....End of post..

straitmeat72 likes this.
  9. straitmeat72

straitmeat72 Elite Refuge Member

he is another Kenny Schrader prolly worse if you ask me.

gone goosin likes this.
  10. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Buddy of mine leased a field from S Bag. My buddy forgot to ask how many weekends, S Bag was having rabbit hunting parties go thru the fields that he leased for goose hunting. Minor details. Very scumbaggish, I say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.