Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Dead duck comes back to life...for about 3 seconds.

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by bang you'r dead, Oct 24, 2020.

1. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

2. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

I reckon thats cuz hes canadian

3. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

This happened on what should have been my dogs first duck retrieve and boy was i sick for me and him. Tried to go where wed have an easy shot and recovery for him so we went down to a little woodie hole in the woods, dam on one side, feeder creek on the other, I knew where they always sat. One loner sprung up as we silhouetted ourselves on the high side of the dam, right where I expected one to be. Fired one shot and he folded up good. Limp before he hit the water. Sumbich was face down head hanging into the water. Sent the dog for him and when he was just about to open his mouth, the dam thing snapped its head up and flew away like it was never hit. Truly bizarre. Being face down like that I'm surprised he didn't at least drown himself if the shot didn't kill him. For all the world he went down like a stone cold dead duck and laid there like one. Not a ripple came from his body.

Poor dog just circled for a minute watching it fly away and was probably more confused than disappointed.

stevena198301 likes this.
  4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I had a teal do that in an AR rice pit blind. Thing looked stone cold dead, and laid there while the others circled back and we shot them on the second pass. Dog went out and right as he got to it, we saw it’s head come up and it flew off like it hadn’t been hit. Dog didn’t know what to think.

seiowa likes this.
  5. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

6. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

7. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Big nuisance, and good to eat. If you Facebook, Florida Iguana Hunters can be interesting.

creedsduckman likes this.
  8. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator