Washington Flyway Forum Sponsors

Decoy Experts

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by Ducksergeantorg, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Ducksergeantorg

Ducksergeantorg Senior Refuge Member

I hunt with at least one of them when I go in honor of my Dad, repainted the one in pictures, I think I have a dozen, Not For Sale, they are really tough deeks

2. buzzkill

buzzkill Senior Refuge Member

3. Ducksergeantorg

Thanks men for the research

4. saltdux

saltdux Elite Refuge Member

Appears to be an old flatbottom Herter's Model 63 body w/ a Herters tenite head. Obviously not original paint o_O...The holes on the flat bottom were from pins that held the internal iron keel bar in the proper placement while they "hand" cast each decoy body w/ a steam table to heat up the poly beads. That was done during the early years of the styro Herters dekes -- likely late 1960's or early 70's. To be sure you can nick into the styro and see if it's blue/pink foam vs. the later produced white foam. The brass/bronze washer and hardware is indicative of an early Herter's deke as well.

mrbill likes this.
  5. Ducksergeantorg

Oh wow, Thanks for the information, yeah I got them from my Dad in the early 80's. I know he used them for years, The rest have original paint, other people thought Decoy's Unlimited I sent them pics and they said they were not thiers. I just cut one and it appears to be a faded light blue inside, I said before I had a good idea of what the are. Well don't know what else to say.