"Decoy Rigs" in Indiana

Duxbware

Refuge Member
Reaction score
My buddy at work wants to go with some pre made rigs from this fella in Indiana. He wants to keep all his dekes on the lines, in collapsable leaf bags.

Can anybody here that uses his stuff. comment on what size mainline to go with? deciding between 1/4", 5/16" , or 3/8".

Thanks!

Duxbware

Refuge Member
Reaction score
I was thinking he should try the 5/16". My thoughts for keeping them in the leaf bag was thicker and stiffer would tangle less, if at all.

markd

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Either will work fine, we use the Ryobi bags and leave the decoys attached as well. If he is going to get the right mainlines, don't let him use flimsy stuff for the droppers. The smaller diameter (1/8" or 3/16") braid is the way to go, but the 120# tarred nylon is also good for droppers. You get the idea.

Lastflight

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
1/4" stiff braid will not tangle in leaf bags. That is all I run and keep my decoys attached, stored in 35 gallon trash cans.

JBM SteelSlinger

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I went with the 3/8th mainline when i did my lines .12 Herter 72s on a line going into Ryobi leaf bags If I were to do it again I'd use 5/16 diamond braid to save a little space

Duxbware

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Looks like he has actually decided to go with the 5/16" mainlines too. Pre-tied rig, with the bronze, swivel bolt snaps to attach the dekes. And for sure will be in the Ryobi bags. Thanks for the input as always men.

R.J.M.

Reaction score
I really like the dura sack bags from
Halstead . Got mine from Home Depot. Com 15$ a bag see there now 17
Like the square bottom. And very durable

Latest posts