Do people even.........

copperatiosu

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Diver hunt any more? I was out the other day, hunting the western end of Lake Erie. We had a 4 pack of bills come in and we managed to drop them all. We dropped a pintail also. We had a couple more flocks of bills come in to the decoys, but we were left to just watching them work the decoys due to the current limits. We get 1 or 2 flocks of redheads each fall in the area, but nothing to count on. If you see a canvas back every few seasons your lucky. It's the same way with ringnecks. Even the buffleheads aren't around like they use to be. Later in the season the Goldeneyes show up in force, but other than that. So my question stands, are people still diver hunting?

Better keep your spot a secret... Where all my buddies hunt on Erie where you used to have maybe one other rig, now you are lucky to find a spot that you don't have the wind in your face.

smashdn

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We came back with 11 today. A smorgasbord of stinky ducks. Redheads, bluebills, buff, ruddy, jacks and a common merg.

Josh carpenter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Usually with a guide last year 2021 didn’t see any ducks a week before season ended going to try again this year

Latest posts