Do you drive as fast as you used to.....

Tailfeathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I definitely drive slower. Morning commute, I’m in the right lane cruising at 64-70 while the crazies are passing like idiots. Then it all slows down and I come along side of them. I’m chilling cause I left a good amount of extra time and it eliminates all the stress. The guys next to me are all wound up and some are cursing and shouting at the slow down. I’m grooving to the music, they’re frantic and heart attack material. Sad actually.

Vammy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
On the interstate and highways, I'm 5-7 over, I also try to be courteous to big rigs, campers, anyone hauling a trailer. Unless you're an arsehat; then it's game on. :no

In town, pretty much the speed limit. Unless, of course, you're an arsehat :l:l:l

Holesinthesky

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Very quick.
4B85A788-A231-46C7-AE17-028D20140156.jpeg

frightening quick.
DF164842-D84E-4285-AD8E-4BB89AC226C0.jpeg

Speedometer only went to 85.
5628B802-11EB-47F8-B853-7AF8E70868D1.jpeg

What do you think……
They did not have to chase me. As soon as lights came on, I pulled over and waited on them.

Now days….. I am to old for that, roads to crowded, and most do not have a sense of humor in regards to that.

Edited- in case my kids see this:fp

Last edited:

PaulinKansas

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I live in a speed trap town. I stck to the limit in my F150 and '79 Vette. If I'm out on a highway with a straight away, the Vette.can hit 160. Haven't done it in awhile. I stop around 120.

Sunklands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Last year I followed a couple trucks through the desert las June, My 08 Tundra is governed at 108,,, They had a handfull of cows in the trailer,, I think to add weight to keep the tires on the ground, I was able to follow them the first 20 miles.
I never Knew trucks could go that fast!
Load’em like a boxcar, drive’em likes race car. Pulled many a cow pot past the scales. Usually the DOT folks don’t hassle us to bad when we haul stock. As long as we’re not over 90k, they’ll let us slide. Did get pulled in at West Memphis on N bound I55. Got a new guy with a chip on his shoulder and as he did a walk around, I noticed he was walking down the side and close to the pot. As he was pointing out several little things he had issues with, I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him about 10 foot from the trailer. He says, “what the hell you think you’re doing?” About that time a feeder calf, about 20 feet down and on my top deck, took a very loose crap through one of the slots. He looked at me, took a deep breath and told me to get out of there.

salthunter

Reaction score
About that time a feeder calf, about 20 feet down and on my top deck, took a very loose crap through one of the slots.
Greasy hog crap is the worst!

I was following those boys from a big name ranch out of Montana, rippen though the desert on a US highway , about 35 miles with 3 or 4 ranches on the side roads, You can see fore ever and no cows on the road.

I use to live in a small town northern Utah. I was complaining to our chief of police abut the loose cows under the freeway. and on the Bear River Bird refuge Two stolen trailers of rustled cows. The rustlers/drivers had their own hot trucks and were moving the breed cows to their ranch in Arizona

salthunter

Reaction score
Speedometer only went to 85. View attachment 341921
What do you think……
They did not have to chase me. As soon as lights came on, I pulled over and waited on them.

Now days….. I am to old for that, roads to crowded, and most do not have a sense of humor in regards to that.

Edited- in case my kids see this:fp
My wife had a Toyota Camray. Still some go left in it at 132. Too many holes in the road to top it out.
My brother that did lots of racing had a 1971, F- 250 high-boy race truck,,,. He could do ( with me in it)70 mph 360's on river gravel . And on short new stretch ( closed ) of highway he got it to 148. Only time he was checked by highway patrol,,, he tore the transfer case and rear drive shafts and marked up the road. The HP had come down to ticket him,,, Got a real kick out of my brother dilemma. The HP called our dad to report my brothers situation.

Sunklands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Greasy hog crap is the worst!

I was following those boys from a big name ranch out of Montana, rippen though the desert on a US highway , about 35 miles with 3 or 4 ranches on the side roads, You can see fore ever and no cows on the road.

I use to live in a small town northern Utah. I was complaining to our chief of police abut the loose cows under the freeway. and on the Bear River Bird refuge Two stolen trailers of rustled cows. The rustlers/drivers had their own hot trucks and were moving the breed cows to their ranch in Arizona
Rustling still happens, just more sophisticated.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
In my youth I was driving a friends Camaro on a bridge that had I dunno six lanes?
I started racing a red BMW.
He was pretty crazy too. We were weaving through heavy traffic doing over 100 mph at times.
Then the race was over.
How?
I was one lane left of center, the Beemer one right of center. All lanes were blocked by traffic except there was an opening ahead of the car in the center lane.
Obviously I hammered down, and as I looked over to check on the red BMW to see if I was ahead enough to shoot the gap I was clear but glancing ahead in my lane brake lights!!!
Due to my speed there was no option to stop.
I kept pedal to metal and threw that car in, threaded the needle into the gap but coming out sideways.
I have no idea what I did to save it but I saved it.
Seconds later we realized all the traffic behind us including the BMW had slowed to a crawl in fear.
Literally it was like an empty road a quarter mile behind us as we crossed the other side.
I guess someone upstairs was looking out for me a lot. That’s by far not the worst one but one of many, due to my utter stupidity as a kid.
Anymore I try to drive as smoothly as possible. Smith system.

Also for anyone who loves going fast, that’s what the racetrack is for.
Karting is a cheap way to get on a track.

Drive safely.

Jeff had a Cuda and it was fast that crazy forker...I57 was a sheet of ice.
He said out loud, "I wonder what'd happen if I pull this emergency brake".
At once we all went "nooooo" too late he did it.
I think only one wheel stopped because oh God we spun like mad going 70 on ice.
He released the break and by sheer luck we were pointing straight.
He laffed hahaha.
We were checking our underwear...crazy