Do you drive as fast as you used to.....

IV Hunt

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have slowed down overall. The toll roads are 80, I try and run about 78, but the rural drive between Round Rock and my home is mostly cornfields, so I find myself taking my time to enjoy the view. Certainly more bucolic than the decades of freeways and high density housing in my previous life.

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I try and maintain 80 on the highway sometimes reach 90 but has to be the right area. I do 65,000 -80,000 miles a year. Don’t weave in and out but I am getting up the road

yeehaw

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I just drive the speed limit.....but I will go lower if I see a good road rager target to mess with. :yes It's the only sport I enjoy these days after the killing is done.

I'm in no hurry to get anywhere.
I think these guys mean the posted speed limit, not the limit of what your vehicle will do. At least any time I rode with Grif, he drove like a yoda cop....
6go60q.jpg

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think these guys mean the posted speed limit, not the limit of what your vehicle will do. At least any time I rode with Grif, he drove like a yoda cop....
View attachment 342015

You caught me in a different day and time. :l:l

There comes a point when you inherently know you've pushed it enough. :yes

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Very quick.
View attachment 341919
frightening quick. View attachment 341920

Speedometer only went to 85. View attachment 341921
What do you think……
They did not have to chase me. As soon as lights came on, I pulled over and waited on them.

Now days….. I am to old for that, roads to crowded, and most do not have a sense of humor in regards to that.

Edited- in case my kids see this:fp
Did your gt speedo wrap around or simply stop at 85?

I had an undercover state trooper in a black monte carlo super sport who I saw go flying by along with a red sports car that I later found out was a red Porsche from the officer as I entered on the interstate at 10am at night after I worked 9 hours and then got out of school. Needless to say I thought it was my lucky night to get home quick and I would just tailgate a 1/4 mile back and put the hammer down. All was going quite well to we hit the bridge at the potomac river leaving virginia to maryland. Black car hit the brakes hard and almost came to a stop. Naturally I slowed down to 55mph and as I came to his side he lit up the place with lights. Told me it was his lucky night as he was trying to catch up to the Porsche for miles and was hoping help would arrive up front before he saw me in his rear view mirror and said I know you were speeding. I asked if he had radar and knew how fast and he said know but said his speedo was wrapped well beyond 85 and knew. Then he asked me to make me put the device I had on my dash reappear so he could verify if it was a radar detector. Surprised he saw it that quickly as I briefly rolled up next to him. He then went into his trunk and got out a radar detector, turned it on and walked back to me smiling as my detector was going off and said that just cost you another ticket and fine. Since he didn't have radar on he said he was just going to write me a ticket for exceeding 85. I told him I had stayed back a good 1/4 plus mile behind I the event anyone up front hit the brakes and a Popo turned on their lights and it wasn't right for him to estimate my speed traveling a considerable distance behind him. Added 8 weeks of driving school to my already busy schedule with work and school.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did your gt speedo wrap around or simply stop at 85?

I had an undercover state trooper in a black monte carlo super sport who I saw go flying by along with a red sports car that I later found out was a red Porsche from the officer as I entered on the interstate at 10am at night after I worked 9 hours and then got out of school. Needless to say I thought it was my lucky night to get home quick and I would just tailgate a 1/4 mile back and put the hammer down. All was going quite well to we hit the bridge at the potomac river leaving virginia to maryland. Black car hit the brakes hard and almost came to a stop. Naturally I slowed down to 55mph and as I came to his side he lit up the place with lights. Told me it was his lucky night as he was trying to catch up to the Porsche for miles and was hoping help would arrive up front before he saw me in his rear view mirror and said I know you were speeding. I asked if he had radar and knew how fast and he said know but said his speedo was wrapped well beyond 85 and knew. Then he asked me to make me put the device I had on my dash reappear so he could verify if it was a radar detector. Surprised he saw it that quickly as I briefly rolled up next to him. He then went into his trunk and got out a radar detector, turned it on and walked back to me smiling as my detector was going off and said that just cost you another ticket and fine. Since he didn't have radar on he said he was just going to write me a ticket for exceeding 85. I told him I had stayed back a good 1/4 plus mile behind I the event anyone up front hit the brakes and a Popo turned on their lights and it wasn't right for him to estimate my speed traveling a considerable distance behind him. Added 8 weeks of driving school to my already busy schedule with work and school.

Fork that guy. :yes

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Fork that guy. :yes
I was young and said my piece to the judge about what I thought about the officer admitting to me he was chasing a porsche for 15 to 20 miles in excess of 100mph with no lights on and said I was more than likely speeding behind him for 3 to 5 miles but couldn't honestly say how fast and neither could he. I do think my speedo was wrapped well beyond 85 for a brief time before I saw brake lights pop. For a moment i thought someone may of just wanted to stop and race across the bridge.

Eventually got rid of the go fast, high ticket and insurance to 4x4's and played more off roading than speeding on the road. Only once do I recall the Popo trying to stop a bunch of folks 4x4'ng on private property. Was really fun seeing them chase some folks around in their little suv's chasing some big off road trucks around and I think the group of Popo's enjoyed it as well.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bro....I followed you from Dexter to your house in Arnold or wherever....in about 1999....I was scared ****less !!

Again...different time. I'm a different kind of menace on the road these days. :l:l

Still, those were good days. :tu

Last edited:

Latest posts