Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Do you ever FEEL old?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Grif, Feb 24, 2021.

1. HONKEREXTREME

HONKEREXTREME Senior Refuge Member

I feel old because of my lower back issues. Bulging/herniated disks are no fun. At 46 I shouldn’t be hurting - walking like this. Too much abuse when I was younger, being in the construction trades doesn’t help either. I work out everyday, running. Fight thru the pain

I recently got a steroid shot for poison ivy and my back pain was gone for a week. I felt 20 again. Lol.

Aside from the back pain making me feel old, lol. I feel young

2. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

YES! I've noticed the joints in my hands are aching more!
    :amen My brother died of a massive heart attack @ 46!!!!!! Well that threw all kinds of red flags to my Dr.! I turned 65 last August.

3. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Elite Refuge Member

Dude I’m 33 n wouldn’t strap on any roller skates. So with that logic 2 laps makes you still young. I like the comment that it’s not the age but the mileage that counts. Sometimes I feel old.

4. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I know that feelin'! I started riding & racing dirt bikes after 10 years hiatus, I was 32! SOB the crashes hurt! :cry

5. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Recently turned 63. Wasn’t until about 3 years ago I started noticing this “aging” crap. Arthritis in lower back and beginning of hip wear started slowing me down, especially when working on getting my impoundment ready and maintaining it since me and my hunting partner do most all the work. Until then, I could easily keep up with guys half my age.

So, a week and a half from now I’m getting a new hip. Certainly have ambivalent feelings but know this will help out tremendously! Not hardly being able to bend over to pick something up off the ground or even getting a sock on my foot will change after this. I won’t miss the pain either. Guess the ole knee will be next as it’s been bone on bone for decades.

I strongly believe having a strong mental attitude along with frequent exercises will keep you going longer. Was glad to see many here are still physically working out as I myself go to the gym regularly for cardio and to sling some iron around. It really helps the soul...

dog duck gun, burgawboy and hobbydog like this.
  6. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Gee y'all keep convincing me how lucky I am.
    Feel pretty young. Every time I get a physical the doc says strong heart, lungs, and everything. Eye doctor says strong long vision. weak short. Nearsighted. Astygmatisms? Spell check?

I worry about eyes. That's the only thing I feel needs protecting and since I wear glasses that's easy.
    I pray that my brother hunters never go blind.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  7. Grif

Grif Elite Refuge Member

I do the same.....and I actually almost never feel old except for a few aches and pains.

I've woke up this morning thinking I need to get my arse back up there and figure out what the deal is with the skating. :l :no

And you must hang with some broke down dudes in their 20's. :yes

8. snipe n

snipe n Senior Refuge Member

Flexibility and maintaining it is job that you shouldn't put off. Just as staying in the best shape you can. It can make a huge difference in how you live you 're older years. I stretch more than I did playing college hockey now days. Saying that I now use readers a lot. Stay young my friends. Trying hard in WI.

9. dwhauss

dwhauss Senior Refuge Member

My brother says its a great life if you don't weaken. 63 and 45 of those working iron,,,, its all caught up. The pain starts when I wake up.
    I swim 5 days a week, stretch program the same, eat well, and stay active. BUT its real easy to sit down and just stay there. I need a new knee and 2 new hips, just can't quit yet to get them done. Griff, you can work on balance. Start with standing on 1 foot for a minute at a time, then when thats easy do it on a foam pad.

10. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

I'm fighting it ever day too. I am on a training schedule for a 1/2 marathon on my 63rd birthday in June.

Then I need to have a hernia repaired so that I'm back up 100% by hunting .