PaulinKansas

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
My wife.

20220620_194146.jpg

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I'll usually keep a bag of the cheapest apples I can buy when I start seeing rabbits in the yard. I wish mine would get that close.

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have a squirrel that waits for me every day, to give him peanuts. He gets close to my hand but won’t take the peanut. I never thought of trying with my feet. Gonna try that. Probably makes them feel a little more comfortable.

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We used to see close to a dozen rabbits at a time in the yard when we first moved in. They and the deer were hell on the flowers at times. We have cleared a couple acres and surrounded by a lot of woods. With the lack of trapping the foxe population has sky rocketed. You can frequently see or hear the foxes at night when we let the dog put barking. Been seeing more rabbits this year than we have in a long time but only 2 to 3 versus a dozen. I have a small food plot in the back with clover and alfalfa planted that is doing well and close to calf high that is holding a couple that flush out each time I drive around. With the dog there is no chance of feeding anything wild close enough. She runs everything off and when we let her out she usually slowly sneaks around the side of the house to see if there is anything out and off to the races if so. Dang squirrels have ate electricals and fuel lines on my old truck so I wouldn't think about throwing peanuts for them *******s.

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We used to see close to a dozen rabbits at a time in the yard when we first moved in. They and the deer were hell on the flowers at times. We have cleared a couple acres and surrounded by a lot of woods. With the lack of trapping the foxe population has sky rocketed. You can frequently see or hear the foxes at night when we let the dog put barking. Been seeing more rabbits this year than we have in a long time but only 2 to 3 versus a dozen. I have a small food plot in the back with clover and alfalfa planted that is doing well and close to calf high that is holding a couple that flush out each time I drive around. With the dog there is no chance of feeding anything wild close enough. She runs everything off and when we let her out she usually slowly sneaks around the side of the house to see if there is anything out and off to the races if so. Dang squirrels have ate electricals and fuel lines on my old truck so I wouldn't think about throwing peanuts for them *******s.
You don't have a .22? I'd be thinning the foxes out.

fowlwhacker

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I do and try to get on the foxes when I see them but they don't stick around long enough like a coon or rabbit. Every time we see turkeys in the yard we typically see a fox shortly there after on there trail. I am always torn on chooting one while deer hunting whether bow or gun hunting wondering if I am going to screw up a chance at a deer. Brother shot one while we were gun hunting while I had a pile of does in front of me and a buck coming out of the swamp to me. He was 300 yards away but screwed my hunt over a stinking fox. When I texted him and asked what he got he said a fox. He then asked if he screwed me and the answer was yes as luck would have it I had deer. One coon did take a long dirt nap recently.

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I do and try to get on the foxes when I see them but they don't stick around long enough like a coon or rabbit. Every time we see turkeys in the yard we typically see a fox shortly there after on there trail. I am always torn on chooting one while deer hunting whether bow or gun hunting wondering if I am going to screw up a chance at a deer. Brother shot one while we were gun hunting while I had a pile of does in front of me and a buck coming out of the swamp to me. He was 300 yards away but screwed my hunt over a stinking fox. When I texted him and asked what he got he said a fox. He then asked if he screwed me and the answer was yes as luck would have it I had deer. One coon did take a long dirt nap recently.
I won't shoot a fox deer hunting typically. I might would with a bow though but don't bow hunt. I will shoot a coyote or a bobcat.

Coons get a pass deer hunting too but not any other time.