Do you feed rabbits?

Native NV Ducker

Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others
Reaction score
I have free range bunnies. I build rough hutches and covers for them. They get fed veggies, grain, and pellets every day. They come running when they see me with the white bucket. At one time I had close to 60, but the predators went crazy when I was in the hospital for so long. We have motion lights back there, and usually when a predator comes in, the lights give them away. Then they get dispatched. I am down to about 15 now.
New Bunnies.jpg

Those hutch doors are open.

Native NV Ducker

Reaction score
Meh, I got plenty to eat.

People stop and take pics when they are in the front yard..
Bunnies chilln (7).JPG

It's fun when they have litters in the hutches, as we get to see em grow up. If people stop and I see they have kids, I bring em into the back yard and let em see the babies..
DSC01351.JPG
Babies 10-14.JPG

Josh carpenter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yep my daughter was secretly feeding a raccoon ,almost close enough to hand feed :doh:fp

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score

Native NV Ducker

Reaction score
They don't get in the road and get hit?

Yea, it happens. Happened more when we had the 60. Thing is, it is actually safer from predators (if you are the type of bunny that likes to wander around) on the other side of the road. VERY thick, and the fox/bobcats can't catch em. So, I don't blame them.

I just got a few rabbits from a lady that was moving, and one was a Holland Lop Ear (I think that is what they are called) We call him Floppy. He was the dominant male at his old home. When he got here, he found out he wasn't so tough, especially with them big floppy ears waiting to be kicked or bit. Our dominant male, Calico, chased him off. I just saw him across the road yesterday. There is a black and white bunny that keeps him company.

So, it happens. Wife calls it the circle of life.

C M Wings

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have a squirrel that waits for me every day, to give him peanuts. He gets close to my hand but won’t take the peanut. I never thought of trying with my feet. Gonna try that. Probably makes them feel a little more comfortable.
I had one eat fries out of my hand at a pool in a condo in Orlando. Fearless little guy was he. Fat too.