Do you have friends in low places?

PaulinKansas

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
One of my tenants used to be a deep sea underwater welder. This is back in the early 80's. He made $65/hour. Minimum wage back then was $3.25. He helps me with repairs on other properties. That's my friend in a low place. What's yours?

num70

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Those guys have stones. It's a very real skill set.
I have a acquaintance who's an underwater welder for bridge footings and cable lines and things like that.
He also volunteers for the state police as needed.
He is 5 for 5 on finding bodies that they could not/gave up on finding.
Not just because he's a great diver, but he understands currents and flows and eddies and whatever.
Can't learn that in school. Only time underwater yields those results.

salthunter

Reaction score
A friend use to manage mines across the world,,, and some deep underground ones too

JoJer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
My next door neighbor was a roofer. Did my garage at a nice price. He was the best neighbor out of the half dozen that lived there. He was the friend of a biker gang.

dwhauss

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have several friends who can hit 200 ft on a single breath, AND make it back up.
Myself I was good for just over 100 back in the day.

Huntsprig

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Granddad was a coal miner in Rock Springs Wyoming in the nineteen tens and twenties.

Vahunter

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Granddad was a coal miner in Rock Springs Wyoming in the nineteen tens and twenties.
Mine was a coal miner in western PA in the 20s -50s. Never met him. Posted a pic of him in the Italian army in WWI a couple years ago to figure out which army he was in

Latest posts