Do you have to be a good call operator to make a good sounding duck call?

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by DeWayne Knight, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

I'm sorry but what I say is the truth, whether people like it or not

2. Raininfeathers

Raininfeathers Senior Refuge Member

We have a clear winner:clap

3. Shove_shooter

Shove_shooter Elite Refuge Member

Same here.....whether you like it or not.

4. waterfowlpro

waterfowlpro Senior Refuge Member

THe reason I am at a gym all the time, is because I work there, I train people. I dont sit on message boards all day talking myself up and jacking off to my accomplishments.

5. Trevor Shannahan

You were in the gym before you worked there. I put in more real work before I was out of high school than you will in your life dude so think what you may but you have no idea what I do in my life. My accomplishments mean zero to me because I take nothing in life too seriously. You on the other hand are too much of a bitch to deal with any controversy. You take everything seriously

6. nside20

nside20 Senior Refuge Member

So Who were the other judges this year???

7. Trevor Shannahan

But you are wrong. You want a true test of what a call can do get me, Robbie Iverson, John David Stanley, Antonio Jones, and Kent Cullum to judge them. THEN I will put some credit in the results.

8. Trevor Shannahan

There are some, but very few, non contest guys than can run a call on the level of a good contest caller. Most "good" non contest guys have 2 good hens and an ok feed. They can't get everything out of a call like a good contest guy

9. waterfowlpro

waterfowlpro Senior Refuge Member

I have been working there since I was a sophmore in HS. You sound idiotic, you obviously do take things seriously because when you get cut in a contest you pout like a spoiled 5 year old girl not getting candy at a grocery store. You try to be all buddy buddy with everybody and the moment they walk away you stick it up their *** like you have been enemies with them for years. There are few people I really dislike in this industry, You happen to be one, and Im sure many people agree. See you in a few days.

10. Cluckme

Cluckme Senior Refuge Member

So if Antonio screwed up first round, and still won.... what does that say about you trevor when you blew clean? ( This is an example... there are many other contests where this has happened )

Even on your best days you are beatable! As are ALL, ALL contest callers! I have seen lots of contests, burlington last weekend is a prime example, where wade stuck first round, scratched his first hail second round, and WON the contest... There were competent judges, guys who avidly compete, have won contests, or were contest callers in the past.... There are also contests where someone blows clean, and they get cut...

When i first started contest calling, i learned one thing... NEVER complain about the judging of a contest! Unless you are the one who when through the legwork, time, and energy to put on the contest, and line up the judges, THEN you can have a say...

If you lose a contest, you complain about judges... and if you won a contest with the same judges you wouldnt say a word, cause your that good...

At the Rogers Contest, all i heard you say was you are gonna place or win every contest before it started! based on the ppl in the bullpen.... you blow a clean first round, and think your in first (because you blew clean who could beat you?) then you get cut in the open duck...Then you make it third round in the goose, blowing clean, (you sounded good), you take second, and say I messed up every round, or "I scored a ___, and i messed up!" Like you are sooo good that even when you mess up you win a round... why dont you just mess up every round? You could never lose!?!??!