Do you have to be a good call operator to make a good sounding duck call?

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by DeWayne Knight, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

I don't pout at all. I pretty much just laughed it off at worlds when I stuck. I was hot right when it happened but just laughed it off shortly after. I am buddy buddy with most people in the industry, I don't stick anybody in the back. I really don't give a crap about anything that is why I only hate one person in this industry and he is behind bars. You don't like me because I am confident, well practice some more and do something about it. It's not my fault that I get really good at everything I put time into. Get over it

2. waterfowlpro

waterfowlpro Senior Refuge Member

I dont like you because you're arrogant and fake. That is a fact. I could care less about how confident you are, it comes off as arrogant. there is a difference and a fine line between the two. There also is a thing called humility, or being humble. You should learn more.

3. Cluckme

Cluckme Senior Refuge Member

As for the OP....

Do you have to be a good call operator to make a good sounding duck call?

I How many small companies use echo inserts and only turn their own barrels? Their calls all sound pretty decent, are pretty ducky, and are easy to run... Many of these guys are ok duck callers, but if you give a competent duck caller even a crappy call they can blow it well enough to make it sound good, or kill birds with it... this goes for both duck and goose calls...

I would say the companies ability to TUNE a call, can make it appear good or bad.... This is why it is most important to find a call that is comfortable FIRST, because they can all be tuned twords your liking after... "You can make a awesome call sound terrible, and a terrible call sound awesome"

4. Trevor Shannahan

I am about the realest person you will find. I tell it how I see it at ALL times. You call it arrogance, I call it confidence.

5. Lujack

Lujack Elite Refuge Member

Would you say you have no trouble keeping up with the Jones'es?

6. Cluckme

Cluckme Senior Refuge Member

More like if he punched you in the face, you would have to resist the urge to thank him....:rolleyes:

7. callinfowl

callinfowl MEGA.

Trevor really ?
    Dude you need mental help seriously.
    You're bull$h!t gets old dude ,do you even know how to be somewhat humble ?
    Did you really just call another dude a bitch ?
    Talk that trash around the guys I hunt with and see how long that pretty smile of yours would last. You'd be the little bitch pick'in yourself off the ground.
    Seriously dude really go get some mental help !
    That Ridelen you had to take as a kid really screwed you up didn't it ?
    Cuzz you are outright a wack job dude. I.M.O:flame
    Keep it real my crack'ah !:l:nutz:flame

8. Trevor Shannahan

Yup that's what everybody says, but then everybody is too much of a bitch to do anything in person.

Believe me I am no whack job and don't hide my feelings about anything. People don't like brutal honesty these days, they would rather be lied to and feel good about themselves

9. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

This is the song I was listening to when I opened this thread. Fitting? You be the judge.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8u7...ist=PL9AEA8609FA67B41A&lf=autoplay&playnext=7

10. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Elite Refuge Member

Who is that? And what did he do to you?