Do you like sauerkraut ?

Humpback A5

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Glanced in the living room last night and saw that my bride of 47 years was watching the food channel and they were talking about sauerkraut and she ask me if I'd ever eaten any and what it tasted like.....I just said that I didn't like it and left it there then headed back to my man cave to load up another one hundred 45 ACP's.

Growing up I can recall my mom fixing sauerkraut with hot dogs or brats for supper once in awhile and those were the nights that I'd eat a bowl of Captian Crunch cereal for supper.

When I partake in an adult beverage it's scotch which a lot of folks don't care for and say that scotch is an acquired taste......maybe sauerkraut is the same way.

Knowing her like I do to settle her curiosity I'll bet that on her next trip to the grocery store she picks up a jar of sauerkraut.....she'll have it all to herself and won't have to worry about me eating any. :)

Lexuss

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yes, not the store bought stuff, homemade but not by me. I have several friends that make wonderful tasting sauerkraut.

H20DAD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
One of the bad things about living in Florida is that I can’t make sauerkraut.

I love sauerkraut. Homemade is so much better than any store bought and so easy to make. Crunchy super tart I can eat it everyday.

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
There’s a German restaurant in Tulsa that makes it like no other, along with their hot potato salad.

Latest posts