Do you like sauerkraut ?

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
20220419_185812.jpg

Been craving a rueben since this thread started. Had to settle for canned kraut but man it hit the spot.

bang you'r dead

Canada Forum Mod. Eh!
Reaction score
Staple of my fav. Reuben sandwich. First one for me was at Reuben's Deli on Sainte Catherine's street in Montreal late one night after a pub crawl. They use Montreal smoke meat (pastrami) (home made) as well as home made everything for the sandwich. Whenever I find myself back in the city, I'll look for this a few of my old haunts to eat some of the best food in the world.
1630595833205.jpeg

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Mom used to make hotdogs and sauerkraut when we were kids ,about once a week, liked it
then . I bought some the other day and am going to see if its still good 55 years later . That's about the only way I've ate it , don't really care for Reubens. Don't like rye or the dressing.

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mom used to make hotdogs and sauerkraut when we were kids ,about once a week, liked it
then . I bought some the other day and am going to see if its still good 55 years later . That's about the only way I've ate it , don't really care for Reubens. Don't like rye or the dressing.

I substitute fresh ground horseradish for the thousand island dressing when I make my own reuben sammiches. Learned it from an Irish Pub here that serves a damn good reuben.

creedsduckman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I don't want 1000 island on anything else and its the only time I eat rye bread, or kraut for that matter. But you put all those ingredients together and it just works.

nobands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I dont know about that . Dad grew it when I was a kid . No different than rhubarb really . The plants would just enlarge , but not spread away from the hill.
I can still smell it when him and the neighbor ground it !