Washington Flyway Forum Sponsors

Don't buy Chinese products...

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by Coho, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Supporting Member Moderator

Why support our enemy? China's success, large amount of $$$$ and massive global influence is a USA made Frankenstein. You can get general idea from China Uncensored and Stay Awesome on YouTube. There are many books out about it.

I also understand that now we have no domestic choice in the matter in many cases.

BB'sRosie and mrbill like this.
  2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Before I retired in 2017, I worked for 24 years for a US manufacturer of pumps and fluid handling equipment, much of it very sophisticated. All built to high tolerances. We had four huge factories and another pretty decent sized one in the US. We did have one manufacturing plant in China, primarily to make and sell some stuff in Asia Pacific that we would have no chance of selling if it were not made there.

When I joined the company in 1993 about 90% of our goods were sold into North America. Now 45% is sold in NA and the other 55% are exported around the world.

When someone tells you that the US can't compete with the world in precision manufacturing they don't know what they are talking about. Now, if we are discussing everyday US consumer commodities that will eventually end up in the landfill...can't beat Asia for manufacturing that crap.

BB'sRosie likes this.
  3. BB'sRosie

BB'sRosie Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for posting the YouTube titles, we'll look them up soon.

4. Coho

Did you know the Chinese government pays the shipping on Chinese products? That they had huge tariffs on US products and we didn't on Chinese products? Did you know this was a way for the US to increase Chinese wealth to develop free markets, capitalism and promote democracy? Worked well until the Chinese got what they needed and clamped down on freedoms again. The emerging future world market is information and intellectual property.

Not saying we can't compete but we can't be naive.

Me spending alot of time in SE Asia is how I got looking at this.

5. Coho

These are fun too. (USA can do the first one also if it wanted)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  6. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member

A lot of "made in America" products have Chinese "ingredients".
    An example is dog food. Read the ingredients.
    If contains TAURINE, guess where the taurine came from.....

7. Coho

Thats true and they now operate out of many other nations as well.

8. Guzman

Guzman Elite Refuge Member

I am a big Adam smith free economy. Dont know who Adam Smith is read his book wealth of nations. Fascinating book.

Our focus shouldn’t be on protecting American jobs it should be on developing new technologies. Let China make t shirts. I laugh every time some liberal posts a picture of a make America great hat that is made in China. Hell ya it is made in China. Because none of us want to do it nor should be doing it. If we made hats we wouldn’t be great. We are great because we make Boeing’s and computer software and Tesla’s. And one day all of those will be made in places like Vietnam or Africa or some other developing company. We held on to the auto Industry too long. Detroit chrashed ford and Chevy crashed because we thought it was good to be made in America and not focus on new technologies and making at a cheaper price.

I buy from China all the time. I buy direct from them for some things for huge discounted prices and I don’t think twice about it.

America needs to look forward not backward.

9. Coho

But what about what they are stealing tech wise and intellectual property?

10. Guzman

Guzman Elite Refuge Member

What are you going to do arrest them? Sue them? Companies have to worry less about what they are doing and focus on beating them. Developed technology to combat it. But if you worry what the guy across the pond is doing you are only going to kick yourself in the shin.