Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Double posts

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Ducker 4 Ever, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

I use this site on my cell phone and for the past month or two, when I make a post, it often will save the text in the dialogue box after I hit "submit reply".

Is the @admin1 aware of this?

It often leads to double posts that have to either be deleted/modified if noticed within the allotted time. I've noticed other posters seem to be having the same problem with double posts.

Anyone else notice this on their mobile version of the site?

2. blacktail

blacktail Elite Refuge Member

Almost every time.

3. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Happens to me occasionally too but generally doesn't double post. It does stay in the dialogue box even when I come back to view the thread later. I have to delete what's still there before I can respond again.

Farm4wildlife likes this.
  4. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Get an IPhone 5. I have no issues

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Yes, it is a known issue.

It is 'my' belief that the server is unable to keep up with the increasing traffic. We experienced similar problems before our last server upgrade.

So, you fill out the box, hit reply. Nothing happens. You hit reply again. Server catches up, and both posts appear.

The solution is annoying, but I have been able to avoid any double posts following this.
    First, only hit 'Post Reply' once. I don't know about the mobile version, but on the PC version, there is a 'status' box that shows up in the top right corner. IF that goes away without your post showing up, the server is running slow.

When this happens to me (and it has) I copy the text I typed, so I don't lose it. Then I hit 'refresh'. Sometimes, the post is now there. Sometimes, not. I back out (go to the main forum index) and go back to where I wanted to post. Sometimes it is there, sometimes not. If it is not, I paste my text, and try again. Usually, it goes right through. (the delays, or server overload {imo} are usually short in nature, a minute or less)

Yes, you don't have to say this is a PITA. I got nothing to help that. Only telling you what (again, IMO) the problem is.

I believe the answer is a server upgrade. Those aren't free, so it may be a budget issue. This has been happening for several months. We (the mods and admins) have not gotten an answer yet.

If you get a double post, it isn't the end of the world. You don't have to feel like you have to clean it up. Sometimes I move the 2nd post, usually I just let it stay.

I will attach this thread to a PM, to let the @ForumTech know the issue still exists. @MJ

Ducker 4 Ever and Luigi Daniele like this.
  6. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

All of my posts are worth reading twice.

Quarne and riverrat47 like this.
  7. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

All of my posts are worth reading twice.

Wareagle1, riverrat47 and Birdcrazy like this.
  8. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator

@ForumTech
    @admin1

This is a growing issue again. Please provide an update on a fix.

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.