Dove Draw

Discussion in 'Indiana Flyway Forum' started by redjones, Aug 20, 2020.

1. duckdown1

duckdown1 Elite Refuge Member

I hear you I've done well many times with a late draw on corn days. I'd show for sure if it wasn't thanksgiving day. That would really **** my old lady off! I'd do it for 1st pick but 9th not so much. lol

2. oldman1949

oldman1949 Elite Refuge Member

Might be time for a rule change .
    Lot of folks get a reserve and don't show up . Maybe it's time to try and stop that from happening .
    What if there was rule that if you don't show up for a reserve hunt you are banned from putting in (or hunting on)any reserve draws or hunts for the next 2 years ? Sure would make the odds of getting a reserve a lot better , and it would tend to stop the folks that just put in in order to increase the odds for those that have no other place to hunt .

OneShotBandit likes this.
  3. redjones

redjones Elite Refuge Member

Talked to a guy I know a couple of days ago and he said that he drew 5 or 6 choice on what he thought was a corn day in mid Nov. and also pulled a pheasant draw the same week.
    I thought you lucky s.o.b. then he says to bad i won't be in town to go on either one,I wanted to choke him over the phone.lol
    Been that way forever,guys raised cane because they wanted a chance to have a guaranteed draw and when the state gave them the chance they don't show up most of the times unless they draw top 2-3 choice.

Greg

4. duckdown1

Did some hard scouting for doves yesterday. They are far and few in between. I know a lot of guys that have private flowers in Illinois and Indiana. They all are telling me the same thing just very few in the flowers.

5. MallardGuy

MallardGuy Refuge Member

Sounds lucky. Got a draw for the first time in years. First pick at the Kank in late November. I see you’re in Hobart. I also live in Hobart and am always down to meet new hunters in the same area as me

6. duckdown1

Dove hunted KKK yesterday. Was interesting with the masks and social distancing. Was surprised that it went as smooth as it did. I think Duck season will be interesting. Cant imagine what it will be like opening day of the corn!

7. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I only seen 5-6 masks and attempted social distances. COs didn’t observe the SD when checking us out.

8. duckdown1

Where were you at?

9. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

10. redjones

redjones Elite Refuge Member

MallardGuy when it gets closer maybe we can pull off a hunt of some sort,I don't water hunt ducks as much as I used to but still go draw a few times every year.
    Dove hunted private the first, 4 guys killed 12,public today and 3 of us killed 12,going to try to no-show draw again tomorrow and see what happens.
    Got checked today and no mask involved on either side,check station was mandatory.
    If anybody else gets out have good luck.

Greg