doves

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by rism, Sep 3, 2020.

1. rism

rism Elite Refuge Member

Grandson had a heck of a shoot Tuesday. Silage, sunflowers, wheat field all next to each other. Magnet for them little bombs. They had twelve guys surrounding the fields. Everyone limited out in the morning in about 45 minutes. Shot it that evening and same results w/ different guys. Luke just went to watch. Said there were thousands and thousands and they just kept coming. He went by there today and said the doves were still there. May change after tonight. They are planning on shooting it Sat. and Sunday if the doves are still around. There are a lot of hedge rows in the Havana area so lots of places for them to roost.

ARHHH4 likes this.
  2. zeus

zeus Elite Refuge Member

I am headed north, around I-80, on Saturday. A buddy from up there said they have 4 fields that have not been hunted yet but the 2 they have hunted have been lights out! Both days 12 guys were done in an hour

ARHHH4 likes this.
  3. ARHHH4

ARHHH4 Elite Refuge Member

Good luck men

4. ixkaped2

ixkaped2 Senior Refuge Member

I haven't hunted yet,but been scouting alot. Have not seen very many in Effingham Co.

5. Jswamp1

Jswamp1 Refuge Member

Hunted Madison county and was not real good - just not many doves working our filed

6. zeus

zeus Elite Refuge Member

Had a good day considering this field had already been hunted twice in 5 days
    20200905_091556.jpg
    20200905_075056.jpg

stevena198301 and ARHHH4 like this.
  7. duck_killer00

duck_killer00 Senior Refuge Member

9 men limited out on opening day while I was working. Got out finally this morning and killed my 15 and the wife got 8 of hers. Not spectacular by any means but enough action to scratch out our supper for tomorrow.

stevena198301 and ARHHH4 like this.
  8. rism

rism Elite Refuge Member

Grandson got out again this morning. 9 guys surrounding the fields. All limited out in 2 hours. He said it didn't seem like there were as many as last Tuesday but still thousands. How do you tell when there is that many? Sileage, sunflowers and wheat. Heck of a combination.

ARHHH4 likes this.