Drake versus Banded Waders?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by geauxfish, Jan 8, 2020.

Drake versus Banded Breathable Waders?

1. Drake

45.5%
  2. Banded

54.5%
  1. TimMTP

TimMTP Senior Refuge Member

Neither, go Frogg Togg.

newduk and gock5 like this.
  2. Duck Wrangler

Duck Wrangler Senior Refuge Member

I have banded waders and they leak like many have said in other posts. I do not have the 2.0, so no returning them under warranty. They are very comfortable waders, but they leak, so they must go.
    I have had Drake prior to Banded and they leaked as well.

I have heard(mostly) good things about Gator Waders, so that will most likely be my next pair.

I do think that most waders will leak at some point; I just want a company that stands behind their waders if it's their fault(seams/boot leaks). I hope Gator will be that company

3. gock5

gock5 Senior Refuge Member

I bought a pair of Roger's Elite 2-1 insulated breathables this year, made by Frogg Togg. These replaced by 6-7 yr old Cabelas SuperMag Neoprene waders. No issues, great pair of waders. We'll see how they are next year.

4. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

If the boots on my Gator waders were better, I’d be only wearing them. I ordered a size bigger in the foot than I normally wear and they are still tight with just a regular sock. I also ordered stouts per their recommendation and wish I would of got regulars since they don’t stretch like neoprene when bending/sitting. If they had a good boot with plenty of good insulation, they’d be a great wader. The boots on their waders in the pictures on their site do look different than mine from what I can see but they don’t show specific boot pics to be for sure.

5. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

I have a pair of the latest Drakes and am so far leak free very comfortable and have the removable lining. The boots on them are a tight ankle fit that with wear stretch a bit, but the first few times you wear them it is tough getting your foot in them.

I have no experience with the Banded ones

Mayes

6. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

BIL bought a pr of Frogg Togg 1st of the season. His son bought a pr of Banded. Banded leaked right out of the box. So far no issue with the Toggs. He says they are very comfortable, and they appear to be well made as well.

Pirogue likes this.
  7. WARTHOG

WARTHOG Elite Refuge Member

I have had good luck with the Drake breathable so far, but they have only been on a handful of hunts. These were the 2018 version with the tight boot. I bought a size bigger and they are quite comfortable and the boots stay on good in mud. I use a boot jack to get the boots off as they are ankle fit.

8. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Bought LL Bean breathable half way through last season. 42 hunts remainder of last year and 89 hunts this year. Not so much as a drip got through. Comfortable and the boot runs just slightly undersize. Even If they completely fell apart now I would immediately order another pair. Not sure of return policy...... haven't needed it.

9. Long Shot

Long Shot Senior Refuge Member

I have had a pair of Gator waders & a couple pair of LaCrosse waders in breathables.
    I like the Gator waders but the boot size is small & for 1600 grams of insulation they are not very warm.

10. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

We're getting off topic, but lack of meaningful tread is one of the things that prompted my recent wader brand change, and LL Bean's wader soles reminding me of the mud skates on their classic Bean upland boots was a deal breaker.

(Don't know pecans about Drake or Banded waders beyond not trusting Drake's water resistance or being put off by Banded's front man.)