Drug Cartels

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by hunting1, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Name something that isn't a chemical or drug.
    Coffee and sugar for example.
    Sweet tea? We all do drugs.
    Some harder. Drug-free is not even a thing.
    Eat a carrot lately?

2. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

So - if we legalize drugs, the cartels will vanish?

Really?

If you believe that, you are really really ignorant on everything the cartels have their hands in. Criminals will be criminals.

3. JBM SteelSlinger

JBM SteelSlinger Senior Refuge Member

I
    I'm ignorant ,where did I say the cartels would vanish.As you said they have their hands on everything those Avocados in your guac.But the lucrative price of smuggling coke,pot,etc would disappear

4. DKoNSHO

DKoNSHO Refuge Member

Then it would follow that alcohol, vehicle, gun, knive, baseball bat et al manufacturers should be "annihilated" due to consumer behavior regarding their products.

I am a proponent of personal responsibility for ones behavior.
    Throughout history wherever there is a lucrative market people will fill it, period.
    A market as lucrative as the U.S. illicit drug market is going to be filled.

But, lets point fingers at other countries.

5. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

Seriously?

"Mexico isn't bad for allowing the cartels to ship tons of drugs to the US illegally, engage in sex trafficking, rule violently, etc.; there's a market and the cartels are just filling it....we shouldn't point fingers at them..."

That's pretty much what you just said. Does that mean you are ok with the sex trafficking...I mean, they are just filling a market, right? It's so lucrative...sure they kill and enslave people, but it isn't their fault, right? If there wasn't a market, they'd all be peaceful and happy, right? The need will be filled...why not them?

OneShotBandit likes this.
  6. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Elite Refuge Member

Bullets an one huge bad batch of dope would fix most of the problems.

yellowlab03 likes this.
  7. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You a Libertarian? Just askin'

8. oleww

oleww Elite Refuge Member

Legalize the junk, make it here and tax the heck out of it.

I propose that we have more crime and problems associated with illegal drugs than we would have lives lost to legal access to drugs.

not sure how to beat the human trafficking. Full on kinetic would be a good start.

9. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator

Perhaps the initial sarcasm zoomed by ya. For sure personal accountability is key. If only we could realize how to instill such in humans mostly motivated by self interest while concern for fellow man not so much. Religions and philosophies have limited success but little in the way of universal appeal. What next?

10. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Elite Refuge Member

How exactly do you see getting a junkie who robs n steals for a 10 dollar cap of dope paying high taxes going. Weed I’m good with but the other drugs are gonna b a lil more difficult. From a realistic stand point 9 outta 10 addicts stay addicts. This is where the bad batch comes in.

OneShotBandit likes this.