Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

DSDsleeper decoys

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by mpkowal, Mar 28, 2020.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Thank you Sir.

2. Backwards bleed

Backwards bleed Senior Refuge Member

As far as I know they dont have them as of yet. The pic I posted was of live birds of course and was a joke. Lol

3. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

I’m cheap and I like a bargain or good value.
    My partner and I use to run 13 , 14 dozen full bodies and 8 dozen shells and we did better than nearly anyone around. His business took off and he doesn’t hunt much

I worked my way over to all DSD decoys
    My daughters had incredible hunts , and were the envy of the hunters at school.
    As I have gotten older and my health has headed south I use fewer and fewer decoys
    While currently I still have 30 or so life size ghg shells that I put in my spread I’ll sell those still look new decoys and buy dollar wise the same $ of DSD

And some days it doesn’t matter what decoys are in the spread and other days it may be a tiny advantage that makes the difference between limiting and going home skunked

plus my spread keeps getting smaller

Last edited: May 21, 2020 at 7:06 PM
    2WIDGN and Backwards bleed like this.
  4. mpkowal

I have pics of them but I am supposed to keep them Top Secret.

Backwards bleed likes this.
  5. mpkowal

Hunted 3 hunts on our lease which rarely holds more than 250 geese.We used 48 new DSDgiants 2 hunts nothing,the 3rd hunt we added3 doz.Realgeese and killed 5 honks.My friend loves them(he owns the 48)but I dont see them as anything but a nice,expensive decoy and not a goose magnet.

6. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Come-on, you cant do that!
    Post the Pic,.. get permission if you need too! Tell Brad you messed up!

As I mentioned some days it doesn't matter. Other days it makes all the differentiate.
    I had sole permission on one field. 300-500 bird roost. And that field we would kill 100-150 birds yearly.
    I truly believe most birds are getting tougher. When I first started using full bodies We out hunted everyone The DSD were so much better than the typical shell spread.. While mos guys were taking those 40 yard shots we were letting them get in and start landing.

7. Backwards bleed

Backwards bleed Senior Refuge Member

Same scenario for me as Salthunter. I have way less times that geese ahead of an approaching flock hover the decoys and then pull out. They land more in my dsd then they did in other decoys that I have used through the years. Instead of shooting at a couple that decoy early and try to pull out, I can let the early decoying birds land and wait for the rest of the flock to decoy. This allows me to burn less flocks before we exit the area we are hunting. My Dsd soft body honkers are durable and hold paint well. Great decoys!