DU in OK

FriedPotatoes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Just curious...does DU do or has DU done anything in the state recently? I never hear of much. I just heard about a place south of Tulsa that's a "DU impoundment" that apparently some get access to go on guided hunts at...I know I'm not a big-time donor and I've defended DU a lot in this past, but something about it is starting to rub me wrong. It seems like the state is entirely neglected but I could be wrong...am I?

JP

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The water control structure and apparatus on several state WDU’s have had some DU funding and/or engineering expertise involved over the years.

FriedPotatoes

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The water control structure and apparatus on several state WDU’s have had some DU funding and/or engineering expertise involved over the years.

i checked online their projects in OK, it all seems like pretty older stuff, just wondering if they still are or have recently done anything in the state

ED Vanderbeck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Chances are they do not have big money donor areas it I might belong to a big donor highly doubt that DU money was used on it. Pm the the location I will contact a biologist buddy of mine for DU and see if he can find out 1000 % the truth he does ks and neb but has roots in ne ok

ED Vanderbeck

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
DU in Ks is reluctant to spend money of private owned grounds from what I have heard but understand only 1% of lands in KS are public lands. When I built my marsh 25 yrs ago all I heard for several yrs was DU built it. None of them had a clue it was built of a matching funds agreement with the USFWS so maybe the land is owned by a DU donor but built by various monies and not DU at all the rumor mill really runs at full speed without and shred of facts or truth

Reactions: JP