Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Duck blind meals.

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by nobands, Oct 25, 2020.

1. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I smoke my pipe with a heavy English blend, my son says it stinks so bad it flares ducks.

2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Google "cotton trailer," and then click images. That's the base, and after that it's individual preferences as to how it's finished out. They are used because it's cheaper, faster and easier to buy one, do most of the work at home and then haul it to where you hunt. If you want to go look at some when the water comes off I'll give you coordinates.

Here's a screenshot of the google search.
    Screenshot_20210106-090109_Samsung Internet.jpg

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  3. Riverfisher

Riverfisher Senior Refuge Member

Cotton trailers...Remember dodging those in fog at night around NAS Lemoore, CA. They never had working lights on the darn things.

Out of focus and bill cooksey like this.
  4. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like sugar cane trailers around here.

5. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member

Not the blind but close enough. Light snack.
    Air out the waders. :)
    20210106_161730.jpg

Out of focus likes this.
  6. Out of focus

Out of focus Elite Refuge Member

You like a few beans with your ham I see. Me too.

OGblackcloud likes this.
  7. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

A few years ago, a buddy of mine purchased a donated hunt at a charity auction on lake wappepello in missouri. We hunted a big floating blind out in the middle of the lake with two brothers. When we made our introductions, One brother introduced the other as his" blind brother" ...we laughed, and the he said" no really, he's legally blind. We were surprised that he had his own spot in the blind, and even stood and shot when duck worked in. Late in the morning, the blind guy said he was cooking fried chicken for lunch in the blind. He had big gas burner , and a large pot that he overfilled with oil. each time he dropped a piece of chicken into the pot, oil spilled over, and ignited on the open flame, catching dry brush on fire that was falling through the back of the blind. I was actually freaking out, because the blind guy was oblivious to this, and i was sure the whole thing was going to catch fire. But I must say, that was the only time I had fried chicken in a duck blind, and it sure hit the spot on a cold day.

bill cooksey and nobands like this.
  8. metalworx

metalworx Senior Refuge Member

20210110_101411.jpg

We had these fine NY strips Sunday on our last hunt of this season for us. Nothing better than fine duckboat cuisine!

bill cooksey and nobands like this.
  9. Aunt Betty

Aunt Betty Elite Refuge Member

Nice.
    I did it different and have waited to share this.

Back in the 1900s...lol
    I hunted upland a lot and we'd walk miles. Had permission on 100 Square miles an entire township to just wander. Imagine that. Good old days? Uh huh.
    Wed leave my buddies house. Walk a half block and hunt the field then the ditch then the tracks then who knows. Wed come home after dark. Entire days afield shooting pheasants and rabbits then stashing them because we walked all day long. We carried a couple new York strips in a baggie. When we got hungry we'd look for some wood to burn and some nice green sticks. Wed cut up the steaks into cubes and cook over open fire on sticks like hot dogs. Spices? None. Its the best possible way to eat a steak. Try it sometime.

My buddy joined the navy. Was an SP at GITMO.
    He is a welding instructor at the local college now.
    I should go remind him of how lucky we were.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021 at 6:33 AM