Duck call

Discussion in 'Utah Flyway Forum' started by Vanilla, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Vanilla

Vanilla Elite Refuge Member

I know this is opening a can of worms, but figured I'd ask anyway. If you had to recommend a duck call for someone to learn to call on, what would it be?

Factors would be most bang for the buck, ease of use and to learn to call on, and best performance in our marshes here.

So there you go....let's hear it!

2. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Most Primos calls no matter the game are easier to use than most manufaturers

3. cut emnova

cut emnova Elite Refuge Member

check out our wingnutz like of double reed duck calls! easy to blow, very ducky, come in either pearl acrylic or hedge/onyx acrylic on sale right now at cabelas for $79.99!!

ive sold a few of these to some forum members lately and they love the things! some of them were kind of "call challenged" before.....;)

4. mojo1

mojo1 Elite Refuge Member

I like that WingNutz goose call I got off Nova, blows easy and sounds good. I would think the duck calls would do the same.

The Straight Suzy from foiles blows easy but with his recent run-in with the law, they are hard to come by now. They did run around $25.

5. Raininfeathers

Raininfeathers Senior Refuge Member

Get an Echo poly timber as a double. By far the most used insert in the industry and for good reason. They have some pretty sweet diamondwood ones at sportsmans, definitely best bang for your buck, IMO. Or just get an all poly one for a little less. I learned on one set up as a single. It will take a little longer to be able to operate a single properly, but learning a single will make you a more proficient caller in the end.:tu

6. Ben Elli

Ben Elli Elite Refuge Member

No doubt in my mind.....A Yenyzen 500 by Sure Shot! Nice walnut double reed that is as ducky as they come and way easy to blow. If ya can't blow a Yentzen ya can't blow a call. Retail $29

7. stuckduck

stuckduck Senior Refuge Member

Tyson....

ask anyone that has hunted with me... I suck at a call.. but I found one that is easy to use and it sounds good!! I have a wingnuts Duck call and for the price that Darren said it is its a great deal!!!

Kevin...

8. Paddler

Paddler Banned

For a new caller, or one who is, as Bret says, "Talent Limited", like myself, the Buck Gardner Double Nasty is easy to quack with. Cheap, too.

9. UtahSprig

UtahSprig Elite Refuge Member

Haydels DR-85. Inexpensive and very easy to work.

10. silverkittens73

silverkittens73 Senior Refuge Member

Wingtips down! He is a sponsor on this forum. Good calls at cheap prices. And you can call the guy and he will talk your ear off......