Duck decoy prices

CJ MN Waterfowl

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I was looking online at Milss fleet farm a 6 pack of avain x wood duck or mallards 149.99. I recall them being about 80 to 95 a 6 pack??? Anyone else seeing decoy prices going way up??

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Cooksey just posted last week that decoy prices were gonna start going up like crazy. Hit Ethan Terry up. He’s trying to sell off a semi load of avian mallards and honks.

ARHHH4

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I was looking online at Milss fleet farm a 6 pack of avain x wood duck or mallards 149.99. I recall them being about 80 to 95 a 6 pack??? Anyone else seeing decoy prices going way up??
15A6F7EC-D6E1-409D-8407-0CB790E4BAD2.jpeg

Small Bore Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I probably have enough for the next 15 years. I am super picky in taking care of my decoys. All total I don’t have but about 500. Less is more.

Tuleman

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Those of us who have all the good decoys we need are indeed fortunate.
I don't see as much duck hunter recruitment in the years to come as there has been in the years up until the 2020 season...
Who can justify the prices of decoys, guns, ammo, fuel, good clothing, waders, calls, boats, blinds, and all the other gear waterfowlers typically want?
If you don't already have that stuff, acquiring it will be every expensive.

Reactions: JP

Small Bore Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I remember when I had to buy my first 5 dozen when I did not take care of some old ones I got from my father when he quit hunting. A lesson learned 50 years ago and remembered vividly Even today. I do cherish 18 Herters cork decoys my second wife gave me 20 years ago.

Bullet21XD

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Those of us who have all the good decoys we need are indeed fortunate.
I don't see as much duck hunter recruitment in the years to come as there has been in the years up until the 2020 season...
Who can justify the prices of decoys, guns, ammo, fuel, good clothing, waders, calls, boats, blinds, and all the other gear waterfowlers typically want?
If you don't already have that stuff, acquiring it will be every expensive.
More "#KrewZ"...

More than likely headed for Kansas.

Ange

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I prepared a cost analysis for one of our customers. Both PET (Polyester) and Polypropylene costs have risen between 45% and 50% in the past year.

The primary driver is the price of oil followed by global resin shortages due to COVID and now War. Prison Guards are starting at $21.00 and hour. McDonald’s workers are starting at $18.50 and hour with a college tuition plan and good for them. The labor market is extremely tight and expensive with high turnover rates. At our production facilities, when we need 12 people, we hire 14. In addition to labor, we have printed so much money, inflation has kicked in.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Wait until the gunflation hits.
:l