Duck decoy prices

Goosekiller

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was out visiting a few sporting goods stores, definitely some sticker shock on decoys.

Mean Gene

Reaction score
Someone starting our can get Flambeau mallards or widgeon from Walmart for $37/6. Not as cheap as they used to be, but still doable.

Wild Rice

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
A few of the online retailers have decoys that are reasonably priced yet.

Iammichael6499

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
I sold most of my “vintage” Victor plastic decoys (~6 doz) over the last 4 or 5 months plus some corks and foamers (2 doz). Still have 6 or 7 dozen 50+ yr old Johnson Folding Canada goose decoys to market. All the sold decoys haven’t been used in decades (I do use a few dozen Johnson’s that I won’t sell). That’ll get me down to a little over 300 decoys. At one time I had 700+ hard body decoys. Yes, I was addicted (and probably still am) but focusing on just keeping what I actually “might” use is freeing up a lot of basement space. Feels good. No more decoy buying unless it’s the deal of the century.

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Someone starting our can get Flambeau mallards or widgeon from Walmart for $37/6. Not as cheap as they used to be, but still doable.
I bought Walmart flambeaus 2 or 3 seasons ago for $50/dozen. They still look new because I used slotted bags. Later I splurged on Higdon.
They look good and pull the ducks in.

bill cooksey

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Decoys are oil…period. They are made of oil, and are bulky and expensive to ship. When container space tripled last year, and got almost impossible to find, many companies left at least some production stored overseas. Hopefully that means there will be more availability, but input costs mean prices should be about triple what they were three years ago.

Small Bore Hunter

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Thankfully I should have enough unless the barn and toy shed burns. My boat hunting decoys are kept in the toy shed in an old wooden feed box. It holds 6 dozen of various types. My blind decoys are stored in barn in containers that must be moved with equipment. My brother & I have more at his place. Like I said this should last me for awhile. I learned 45 years ago to take care of my decoys.

Latest posts