Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

Duck Hunting in Ten Years?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Fowler267, Jan 13, 2021.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Everyone wants to hate on the younger generations BUT the boomers have been a huge let down. Not to mention they obviously suck at parenting.

2. FriedPotatoes

FriedPotatoes Elite Refuge Member

you’re talking about the very recent past and present. How have millennials caused this country to be ran into the ground for decades? How is it millennials’ fault that the healthcare crisis, failing infrastructure, trade imbalances, etc have not really been addressed?

3. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

Well, of course. That's when it has accelerated. Especially the indoctrination of our young.

4. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Elite Refuge Member

In 10 years we,ll be approaching the point where if you don,t own a planted duck impoundment you won,t see a duck to kill. Same for deer hunting, if you can,t afford the exorbinent lease price or own a 100 acres you,ll just here about a deer being killed, unless of course its by a car. We,re fastily approaching the model of European hunting on the east coast. Hunting only on the estates of the land barrens.

FriedPotatoes likes this.
  5. grande long

grande long Senior Refuge Member

Hey don't judge all the young boys the same some of us that aren't exactly boomers raised some good ones that get it done on and off the field.all the land in canada would have done you no good this year and fish and game now days doesn't come easy for some but man the level of whiners in this world at an all time high.

6. BTJ

BTJ Refuge Member

So much ok boomer energy on this thread. World is ending! In wisco, I bet the hunting will be similar as today. Seems the south may have continued migration problems due to climate change and feeding patterns of some field-using species like mallards. But then half the board doesn’t even think climate change is real lol. Farming practices could cause additional problems.

for all the doom and gloom, it is well within our society’s ability to improve waterfowl numbers. farming reform, a concerted public land purchasing program, crp, etc. it is totally doable. Ex, Wisconsin’s driftless area was not in good shape for trout 50 years ago, now thanks to TU and WIDNR we have more quality trout miles than you could possibly fish in a lifetime.

also, re participation trophies: Who do you think bought them all for millennials as children??

7. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 Elite Refuge Member

Where I hunt is in a down period right now. Hunting the same place for over 50 years myself and 80+ years by family I know that this lake always runs in cycles. In ten years it will be due to be close to fantastic.

hobbydog likes this.
  8. Sam Ortmann

Sam Ortmann Senior Refuge Member

1) I despise the entitled attitude of most people of my generation. There is a reason my circle of close friends is fairly small, I generally don’t go for many longterm relationships, and I spend a decent amount of my free time on an Internet forum where the average age is 2.5 times mine, and it’s not because I’m anti-social. I go to one of the most liberal and most expensive private colleges in the country. I’m here on A LOT of scholarship and the irony of those two superlatives is not lost on me. The, social, political, and economic views of many of peers baffles me at the very least, if not really pizzes me off.

2) Despite that, I cannot fathom how all, or even most of, the blame for today’s socio-political turmoil is my generations fault. I’m in my early 20’s. I’m hardly old enough to walk down the street with a case of beer, let alone be the cause of a movement that many people claim is bringing the American way of life to its knees. This was literally my first national election I’ve voted in (and I probably voted the same exact way you did btw). Saying young people caused today’s problems is like saying Pearl Harbor caused WWII. It was certainly a very large catalyst, but hardly the cause. The writing was on the wall 25 years earlier after WWI, before Hitler even came to power. The problems of today are no different. The writings been on the wall for decades.
    Many people of your generation argue that we have it easy because of all the hard work of people before us. I don’t disagree and I acknowledge, respect, and am thankful for that. But it can’t go both ways. You can’t be responsible for all of the good things that have happened and say that they are due to your hard work decades ago and then turn around and point your finger at people my age and take no responsibility for all the problems that have been decades in the making.
    Also, what you learn as child takes a long time to unlearn as an adult. And children and dogs aren’t that dissimilar. And as pretty much anybody on here who’s trained a dog will tell you, failures in the dog are often due to failures that transpired in training. It’s not MY fault that some adult gave me a participation trophy after I lost a tee ball tournament. Thankfully I had family who didn’t believe in that crap, but many people my age are still coming to the realization that life isn’t one big participation trophy because generations BEFORE us failed to teach us that during our childhoods. Your generation largely makes up our political, corporate, and social leadership that has fostered today’s environment, not mine.

3) The fact that many of the worlds problems were caused by people before us isn’t really the source of anger, it’s been that way for generations. What makes people angry is the fact that when confronted with these issues, your generation does the very thing you b*tch and moan about my generation doing. Instead of coming together and trying to find a solution, you shirk responsibility, point your finger at someone else, and instead resort to personal attacks and name calling like libtard, snowflake, or, in this instance, a “clueless, spoon fed brat.”
    And then you say things like “Don't really give a $%^&. With my increasing health issues I will be dead by then.” Thanks. It’s nice to know that you created a lot of problems for me, turned around and blamed me for them and treated me like dirt and laughed in my face because of them, and then decide to not care about them because the consequences don’t effect you. Your arrogance, lack of responsibility, and unwillingness to help are no different than the attitudes of many in my generation.

4) Your baseless name calling couldn’t be any further from truth. I’ve had a lot of opportunities in my life, but they’re due to the hard work of my family, myself, and the generosity of others. If you’ve ever read most of what I post, you’ll see I acknowledge that too. I come from a family of six, ranging from age 51-15. There are four full time and six part time jobs between us and half of us are still in school. Its not uncommon for me to work 40+ hrs a week at two jobs while also taking a full schedule of classes. You don’t know squat about me and I ain’t ever been spoon fed chit. I don’t ever really like to share too many personal details on an internet forum, but I also don’t take too kindly to being called a “clueless, spoon fed, brat” by a stranger on the internet.

I’ll get off my soapbox now and this wasn’t a personal attack at you. I respect the hell out of the VAST majority of the generations before mine. But it gets a little tiresome when that respect isn’t a two way street. I’ll be the first to admit I’m still wet behind the ears, but age is no guarantee of wisdom (look at Bernie Sanders, he’s starting to look like he’s about three years older than rope.) So maybe get off your high horse and just be a little more agreeable to work with is all.

9. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

Are you high?

Deer aren't going anywhere and Maryland public land is increasing.

10. Ruination

Ruination Elite Refuge Member

I wish I could like it twice.