DUCK PICTURES!!!! Let's See 'EM!! OOSers...You too!! 2013/2014

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by MGDUCK2, Jan 27, 2014.

1. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

You gotta LEAVE it in the water till it's time to shoot. :)

2. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

Fortunately wasn't mine but a buddies. I did the handy work with the boat paddle. He got to looking at what it was going to take to replace it at the ramp and said 'think i will go see Sammy'. :)

Another necessity.

This was last year on one of the below 20 mornings. Way too cold for a swim. Water was low and I had the cmc trimmed to the top putting out decoys in the river channel. Somehow the float lever on the motor had been tripped probably raising too high over a log. We roll over a log and the current pushes us on across it, motor won't lift, cold cleaves bracket on the cmc breaks, motor pops up, slams down, and the extended actuator piston shoots through the transom. I knew the bracket broke from how the motor slammed all the way down but oh well, kept on throwing out decoys. My oldest son was sitting on the back seat with me. About 30 secs later he says hey where's all this water coming from. I said I don't know get these decoys put out. He says seriously you may wanna check this out first. I look down, can't see my feet anymore. Crap starting to float off the floor. Keep in mind I don't have a front deck at all so it's all floor just to basically a seat in the front. We're taking on some serious water. I said yeah we got a problem and headed towards a piece of dry ground about 40 yds away. We got water coming over the transom by the time we get there. We drag the boat up on the ground to drain, I said grab your stuff let's hunt. We get back to the boat later that morning father in law asks what are we gonna do. I said give me your hat. :)

[​IMG]

Turned the boat around so it's headed the right direction, stuffed his hat in the hole, turned on the bilge pump, and didn't slow down heading back to the ramp. ;)

[​IMG]

3. Wild Rice

Wild Rice Senior Refuge Member

:l. Shoot first-ask questions later did yield me a rare western MN blackduck

4. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

The old #hatinthehole trick huh Stump?? :l:l:clap:clap:l

5. MGDUCK2

Thanks to everybody for the pics!!! :yes:clap .......over 40,000 views....huh? No Water, NO DUCKS!! :reader:no

The TeePee is going down.....[​IMG]

6. CJS

CJS Senior Refuge Member

how far is that from nesbit's?

7. MadMan

MadMan Refuge Member

8. mossy44

mossy44 Senior Refuge Member

madman mean muggin

9. MGDUCK2

no doubt about it....:tu

10. MadMan

MadMan Refuge Member

Actually that is #2 son; plays a little O-line when he is not blasting birds.