California Flyway Forum Sponsors

Duck stamp

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by sacbob, Jan 14, 2014.

1. sacbob

sacbob Elite Refuge Member

There has been a bill introduced in the Senate to raise the Federal duck stamp price to $25. Its about time:clap

2. CalBaer

CalBaer Elite Refuge Member

Maybe they can buy some water for CA wetlands with the increased revenue!!!:tu

3. CUTTERS DADDY

CUTTERS DADDY Elite Refuge Member

I don't know why you think that raising the price by $10 is a good thing:scratch

4. ratherBhunting

ratherBhunting Elite Refuge Member

..x2

5. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

For every dollar you spend on Federal Duck Stamps, ninety-eight cents goes directly to purchase vital habitat for protection in the National Wildlife Refuge System. The Migratory Bird Conservation Commission (MBCC) oversees the use of Federal Duck Stamp funds for the purchase and lease of wetland habitat. The MBCC also reviews, but does not approve, the use of Federal Duck Stamp dollars for the purchase of small natural wetlands and their associated uplands for preservation as Waterfowl Production Areas (WPAs)

This is why.:tu

6. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

:pra
    Wow.

Yep, as long as they don't build anymore winter habitat in CA I'll be ok with that.;)

7. snipe a duck

snipe a duck Elite Refuge Member

Fingers crossed this would allow the sac complex to make some desperatley needed habitat improvements in the existing hunt units.

8. CORONA 1

CORONA 1 Senior Refuge Member

snipe a duck, dont hold your breath.

9. CUTTERS DADDY

CUTTERS DADDY Elite Refuge Member

I buy at least two fed stamps every year and probably will continue to do so. However, with the cost of a license, stamp and permit along with the tough season that most apparently have had I'm not sure we'll get more hunters. I guess stamp sales were going to drop anyway...

http://news.wildlife.org/twp/2013-summer/as-waterfowl-hunters-decline/

A dang fishing license is over $50 so an "occasional sportsman" will probably not see the value in purchasing the license or stamps required to carry on the tradition or see the "return on their investment".

10. AJCsurf

AJCsurf Elite Refuge Member

I want perfect habitat, water, and more accessible land but I'm tired of paying for it. It should be free because I deserve it.

:doh

I wish duck dynasty would have a duck stamp included with every dvd, sweatshirt, mossberg etc.. purchase. Can you imagine how much money that would generate???? Heck, just them throwing a little snippet in there about why its good for the duckies to purchase your fed and state stamp, even if you don't hunt, could garner some attention / $$$.