Duck (Teal) and Pork fried rice

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by Tex68w, Sep 15, 2020 at 2:47 PM.

1. Tex68w

Tex68w Refuge Member

Duck (Teal) and Pork Fried Rice

Ingredients

• 1-1.25lb boneless pork butt or shoulder cooked
    • 8-10 Teal breasts (4-5 Teal breasted)
    • 3 cups long grain rice boiled
    • 2-3 large eggs beaten
    • 4 green onions chopped
    • 1 stick of unsalted butter
    • 1 tbsp coarse Sea Salt
    • 4 tbsp soy sauce
    • 1 tbsp Uncle Chris' Seasoning (substitute any all-season spice) *Optional
    • 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seed *Optional

I started with a small boneless pork butt which I cooked up Carnitas/Pulled Pork style (find any number of recipes for Pork Butt or Shoulder), it rendered around 1lb of cooked meat. I fried the Pork Butt in a pan for 5-6 minutes over Medium-High heat with 1/2 stick of butter and then removed it from the pan and set it aside.

[​IMG]

Salt the duck breasts with the Sea Salt and let them sit out for 20-30 minutes to get to room temperature. Reuse the butter in the pan from the pork, add and melt the other 1/2 stick of butter and cook the duck breasts for 3 minutes on each side over Medium-High heat, remove and set aside to cool. Chop the breast meat into bite size pieces.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 2:56 PM
    Luigi Daniele and Out of focus like this.
  2. Tex68w

Tex68w Refuge Member

Boil 3 cups of long grain rice and set aside. Chop up 4 green onions and beat 2-3 large eggs and set them aside. Combine half of the green onion along with with the duck meat and pork meat in the pan with the remaining butter from cooking the meat earlier. Add 4 tbsp of soy sauce and cook for 5-6 minutes over Medium-High heat.

[​IMG]

Add the cooked rice to the pan and mix it in well with the meat. Reduce the heat to Medium-Low and cook for 5-6 minutes stirring frequently to keep it from sticking to the pan. Push the rice to the sides leaving an opening in the middle of the pan for the eggs. Cook the eggs while stirring frequently until scrambled and then stir the egg into the rice mixture. Add in the remaining green onion and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the optional toasted Sesame seeds and Uncle Chris' Seasoning to the rice and stir in well.

[​IMG]

Once served we add in Sriracha, Hot Yellow Mustard and additional Soy Sauce to personal taste.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 2:55 PM
  3. Out of focus

Out of focus Senior Refuge Member

4. Luigi Daniele

Luigi Daniele Turkey Hunters Forum Moderator

NorCal: specks,sprig,gobblers,blacktails.
    I approve. :)

Tex68w likes this.
  5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

Tex,

That looks GREAT. I do fried rice waterfowl all the time. There is NOTHING wrong with the way you did it, but I do something a little different.

Pound the breasts out, to about 1/4", or just before they start to tear apart. Dredge in egg wash and then breadcrumbs/flour. Sear em on both sides, but don't overcook. Easy to do when they are that thin.

Then carry on just as you did. The pounding makes them even MORE tender, and changes the texture a little.

Luigi Daniele and Tex68w like this.
  6. Tex68w

Tex68w Refuge Member

That sounds great, I'll give that a try the next time I make it. Thanks for the suggestion.