Ducks

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by FishingFool46456, Dec 7, 2003.

1. FishingFool46456

FishingFool46456 Senior Refuge Member

Did anyone hunt ducks around the Greely area today? I cant get a good goose spot so I thought I might try my hand at ducks tomorrow. If anyone wants to go or would be nice enough to give me some info I would appreciate a PM.

2. GOOSELOVE

GOOSELOVE Senior Refuge Member

FF
    Was wondering the samething. I went out saturday for some ringnecks and was to tired this morning, wamted to go but this ol'e body said no.

Terry

3. Shoot'em UP

Shoot'em UP Senior Refuge Member

Hey gents,
    Hunted on the river around Ft. Morgan this morning. Saw lots of birds, and would have limited except for the yahoo's who set up right after shooting light about 100 yards downstream from us, and then dang it if they didn't sky bust 2 groups we were working. By the grace of God, I didn't shoot back at 'em (not the birds) after some pellets fell in the water by us. I did however feel the need to point out the error of their ways. Actually they responded very kindly, and picked up their spread and moved away from us. Oh, the joys of public land! All that to say there were a fair number of ducks working the river.

4. GOOSELOVE

GOOSELOVE Senior Refuge Member

I took a walk this am down at brower. Spent about an hour walking and saw NO ducks. Was only one hunter set up so i asume sunday was the same. I guess it's time to shoot some geese.

Terry

5. Water Swatter

Water Swatter Senior Refuge Member

Holy crap! How many of us are there in Greeley? And why arren't any of you guys my new best freinds?

WS

6. Renegade

Renegade Senior Refuge Member

Add another to the list of folks from Stinktown.....

7. Gander D. Bander

Gander D. Bander Elite Refuge Member

They tend to make friends that call DUCKS not JUDGES! :p:p :D:D

8. EMan

EMan Senior Refuge Member

The guys I've talked to on the river around Sterling, say the ducks are few and far between. This weather may help.

9. Water Swatter

Water Swatter Senior Refuge Member

I'd like to hunt a few judges!:D :D :mad: :mad:

10. bkhuntfish

bkhuntfish Senior Refuge Member

I hunted yesterday on the Platte by Miliken and saw very few ducks. Than went and drove all over the country side around their and saw very few ducks. Latham has a few big groups on it, and you would see a few here and a few there on the local sloughs and smaller lakes, but nothing like the numbers we saw in the same spots last year. Don't know whether they are still up north or just kinda passed us by this year. Gonna try out around Orchard next week.