E Posting

River hunter

Reaction score
As a very respectful NR who comes up there every few years and truly loves hunting what nd has to offer, has there been much negativity or fall out from the e posting law change. Looking at the grid maps I see a lot of land has been posted and am wondering if the farmers are just trying to protect their beloved pheasants and deer or are outfitters getting control for waterfowl

Rilez

Refuge Member
Reaction score
It's not my favorite personally, but I haven't noticed any real changes in who is posting or how much is posted. And the fact that it's not my favorite is more of a preference & the fact that it changed what I was used to more than anything. Truthfully, I thought I'd dislike it more than I did.

When I goose hunt, it doesn't really make much a difference at all for me as there's nothing pressing timewise, so stopping to pull up the map & check out the parcel once you've zeroed in on some birds really isn't a big deal. For deer hunting, I think the only thing it really affects is the ability to road hunt.

Crew_ChiefND

Reaction score
As a very respectful NR who comes up there every few years and truly loves hunting what nd has to offer, has there been much negativity or fall out from the e posting law change. Looking at the grid maps I see a lot of land has been posted and am wondering if the farmers are just trying to protect their beloved pheasants and deer or are outfitters getting control for waterfowl
Easier and cheaper than putting signs out and if someone is caught trespassing, it's easier to prove that the land is posted. Convenience. Puts it solely on the hunter to make sure in multiple ways they are not on posted land without permission.
I don't care for the e-posting, but most land in ND is now posted anyway, even before the e-posting started. It'll only get worse, with Canada not drawing the amount of hunters, ND will be the next best choice.

Feathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The remote area we pheasant hunt had almost no physical posting. When e-posting came large sections that never had them posted before do now. So I’d say it’s a negative from the hunters point of view. But it’s 100% the landowners right and access is still easier in ND than pretty much everywhere in the country so I guess we can’t complain. It’s still worth asking permission if e-posted.

The border really needs to end the pointless Covid shot requirement rule. Both countries. It would certainly help the pressure level in ND.

riverrat47

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm not very teckie. I have a cell phone, but can't even figure out how to use it for music, uber, etc. So, what is this e-posting and how does it work...or, in my case, not work?

Feathers

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
A simple search on here or on Google will give you all the info explaining what it is. Simple answer is that landowners in ND can now post their land as no trespassing online instead of putting a sign in the ground.

Get On-x app on your phone. It shows all the electronically posted land and makes it dummy proof.

OK, I'm not very teckie. I have a cell phone, but can't even figure out how to use it for music, uber, etc. So, what is this e-posting and how does it work...or, in my case, not work?

Rilez

Refuge Member
Reaction score
A simple search on here or on Google will give you all the info explaining what it is. Simple answer is that landowners in ND can now post their land as no trespassing online instead of putting a sign in the ground.

Get On-x app on your phone. It shows all the electronically posted land and makes it dummy proof.
You don't even have to get on-x. That costs money. Instead, on the game & fish website, there is a map & if you pull it up while out and about, it will even pinpoint your location for you so there's you can be 100% positive which piece of property you're looking at. Same thing as on-x...just free instead.

Dirk Van Schmaldlerson

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If this makes it harder for anyone to hunt, it’s because they cannot tie their own shoes to begin with. Seriously gives you landowner information to help contact for permission.

zoops

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
As has been said it has its pros and cons. Pros - no questioning if land is posted or worrying about a sign being buried that you didn’t see on the way in, having the person’s name who posted the land instead of a blank posted sign, and in some cases having their contact info right on the app. Cons - makes it easy to post land. I’ve seen land that is 20 miles from a farmer’s house that was never posted that has now been posted because he can do it from his couch. Often farmers just posted land close to their house or maybe their good deer spot and now if you’re doing one parcel you might as well do them all.
I suspect we will see more and more land posted this way each year.