Easter Lamb

California Flyway

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
We cook and like all cuts of Lamb.
lately we have been cooking lamb shanks which can be very good if prepared right
Another vote for Asparagus and chutney.
I have been making Apricot Mango chutney for forty years to eat with Lamb and Pork.

cootmeurer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Love lamb, prefer it on the rotisserie.
Sides I like are roasted root veggies (parsnips and carrots with a honey glaze), a mashed redskins with garlic.

tcc

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Man I want to like lamb, but it's apparently just not my thing. Hard to go wrong with the side that have been suggested though, those are staples that go well with most anything.

Neighbor Guy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I find myself kind of disappointed there we’re no pictures to go along with this thread. Hope it turned out good no matter what you chose.

We always did our lamb ridiculously rare, 115-120 then rest before eating.

Served with Asparagus, pan cooked carrots/maple syrup, and oven roasted baby reds with olive oil and rosemary.

JoJer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you want to do roasts, slice up some garlic into slivers, then use a thin pointy blade to poke the roast. Slide the slivers down the knife blade til they're out of sight in the roast. Do the whole roast an inch or two apart.

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find myself kind of disappointed there we’re no pictures to go along with this thread. Hope it turned out good no matter what you chose.

We always did our lamb ridiculously rare, 115-120 then rest before eating.

Served with Asparagus, pan cooked carrots/maple syrup, and oven roasted baby reds with olive oil and rosemary.
I had to cancel on the Easter dinner as NO ONE wanted lamb though they never had it! One of the GFs brought ham!

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to do roasts, slice up some garlic into slivers, then use a thin pointy blade to poke the roast. Slide the slivers down the knife blade til they're out of sight in the roast. Do the whole roast an inch or two apart.
I've seen that done of cooking shows, but since I WAS planning to have the mini T-bones (Lamb Chops) I was going to use Garlic Sea Salt (Mortons).

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Always thought lamb tasted like goat...baaaaad