Easter Lamb

OneShotBandit

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caribbean's (and other Foreigners) like goat or at least on the cooking shows I've seen heck I'd try it!

bullpinnie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Years ago, I traveled to Chicago every week for business. When I stayed on the south side, I'd always eat at the mexican restaurants in the 25th Street area. I grew especially fond of eating at this tiny little dive off the beaten path. Their food was "authentic", and most of the employees spoke just enough english to take orders and make change. I grew especially fond of a couple of dishes on their menu. Of course, my brain is always trying to figure out what's ingredients are in a particular dish, so that I can make it at home (typically, that comes easy for me); but these tacos that that I was now addicted to eating were a bit of a mystery.

So after 15 or 20 trips to the restaurant, I finally asked a waitress what spices were in the tacos. She shrugged, not really understanding my questions ( in my best Spanglish) , So she brought another waitresss by to field my questions. Her English was slightly better, but again, our language barrier proved too great. So then they brought a young girl that was only 11 , or 12 years old, but spoke perfect english to the table. I asked, "what spices are in the tacos?????,...... salt, pepper onion, garlic, chili's ( basically adobo seasoning),"?????

She confirmed that those ingredients were in the tacos, but I insisted that there was something else ( that I couldn't identify). She conferred with the other waitress in spanish, and then returned to the table and confirmed what spices were in the tacos. I insisted that there was something else.................. So, eventually, they brought out this little old 85 pound mexican grandmother from the kitchen ( the cook). She didn't speak any english, but the young girl served as our interpreter. .....So, I asked her about the spices. I listed them again, and she nodded as the girl interpreted. I kept insisting that there was something that I just couldn't identify. So I went through and listed the ingredients again " BEEF, onions, garlic salt, pepper, etc. As the young lady interpreted, the old woman smiled, and nearly laughed out loud. She motioned, holding her hand horizontally just above her knee, and said "Chivo"........'Cabras". The young girl smiled, and said," it's not beef,...........it's goat".:l

those tacos were delicious !

cootmeurer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
If you want to go the Mutton route, Moonlight BBQ in Owensboro KY smokes a mean mutton and has a unique sauce to go with it.

carolina girl

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
A co-worker brings in goat from time to time to share with us. He’s from Africa. The meat is very good but the fat has a nasty pungent flavor I just can’t get down. Once I hit a piece of the fat, I’m done.

tripper

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
"Italian broccoli?" H20D, I never heard of that! But I do like asparagus! And I do have some Morton's Garlic Sea Salt & pepper grinder! Thx for the input!
You think baked rosemary potatoes (cut upped) would be good, too?
Baked rosemary potatoes would be good with about anything.