Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Blueblood, keep us posted on the new Breaker

Blueblood

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score

can do.

Its been a few years since I messed around with my echo calls. This talk has encouraged me to pick them up again. I like them and was reminded how good they are.

Echo and RnT remind me of the bench mark call makers. You forget how good and affective they are until you mess with them again.

Sunklands

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
The Echo’s are like the Tim Grounds calls in the fact they can be manipulated in a variety of ways to fit a callers wants. Easy to tune and you can literally make several different calls from one call, by swapping parts. The Grounds SuperMag is just like this. Cut downs are some of my favorites and I like a RnT Mondo but I favor a Kirk McCullough keyhole cut down.

Chris Daniels

Refuge Member
Reaction score
Echo's for J frames but I love the Mondo line from RNT, one of each is usually on my lanyard.

Sam Ortmann

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Talk of late regarding the echo breaker has peaked my interest. Ordered a green hedge breaker today. Looking forward to messing around with it.

X2. I’d love to get a run down on it. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna pick one up this off season and see if I can’t figure it out.

Blueblood

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Gents,
The green hedge showed up today. It was tuned pretty light. Regardless, that was a simple reed trimming tuning exercise.

For ranking out of a scale of 1 to 5 I would give it a 4 or 4.5 on quality of build. I would rank it about a 3.5 to 4 in sound to human ears. A 4.5 in operation as it will get low to loud no problem. Bouncing hens and cajun squeals easily also. And operate feeds and chuckles fine. Its seems more whiny and nasally than my xlt’s. The single quacks remind me a little of an rm ftm mixed with their xlt.

I will mess with it a little more. But if I was forced right now to pick between the breaker or xlt, I would go xlt. For me (and I can only speak for myself) the xlt is like a jeep. It does everything respectfully well. The breaker is like throwing some 35’s with meaty tread on the jeep. It just operates differently.

Blueblood

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
1ADF14DF-BE0A-46A0-ACDA-03CF65BC8C54.jpeg

Blueblood

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Folks,
I should have waited a day before commenting. After getting the reed where it works for me and putting a rubber wedge in, I like it. Its just more bossy hen than the xlt. It runs really well and fairly effortlessly. In my opinion, the breaker to echo is what the daisy cutter is at rnt.

RnT or Echo, either way its a win.

mpkowal

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I have ran Echos for a long long time. I will keep running Echos until I can't anymore.I run them because I kill mallards. I have had most brand of call at one time or another in the last 56 years including RNT.They stick for me.I never really competed but I would put hunting calling skills against any call made.

grahler

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I’ve been goofing around with my top calls off and on the last few days.
I took that Pure Meat that was overblowing on top too easy for me and replaced the cork.
Factory reed. I messed around a bit with pulling the reed out a touch (I’m out of reed cork kits atm) but by far on the fresh cork the factory reed is the best.
The top end isn’t going to ring but it’s got its nuts back so to speak.
Mines acrylic.
To my ears its my duckiest call over my RNT and I will even say edges out my A5 and T1 slightly in terms of duckiness (to my ears after recording)
I’m glad I found that last new uncut cork I had-I really like this call now that I can push it a little and keep duck in it.
This call as delivered from factory was tuned to perfection as far as I can tell.
Just needed that cork.
I’m not ready to change models to a Breaker just yet.
Mine is a very very good call, and as I said it has succeeded in the field on greenheads so it’s proven.
It’s on my lanyard next to my A5.