Edmonton AB

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Beau Slaton, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Beau Slaton

Beau Slaton Senior Refuge Member

We kill plenty of specs in California but I am always down to kill some more! It’s an addiction with those guys.

2. shummies

shummies New Member

Headed up to Alberta (just outside Edmonton) Saturday 9/14. How did you guys do? The last update I got from someone up there is that the snows are just starting to move down and there is still a lot of crops up. Any update would be appreciated.

3. Beau Slaton

Beau Slaton Senior Refuge Member

There was a lot of crop still unharvested when we left last week. We still found fields that held a lot of birds. We killed 3 snows out of 146 birds. They were starting to show up but not in big numbers. I would still count on shooting mostly honkers and mallards. There were specks but they are adults so they are very smart but if you know how to call you can kill a few. It was warmer then usual they said so hopefully it has cooled down.

4. shummies

shummies New Member

Thanks! Appreciate the update.

5. 870

870 Senior Refuge Member

Harvest has stalled, 4 wet damp days in a row now. In the east central parklands, most pea and barley are still unharvested and are quite wet!!! Will need 3 - 4 drying days to get the combines rolling again.

Are you freelancing? You may want to focus on the northern prairie southern parkland fringe 2- 4 hours southeast of Edmonton. Pretty much all the peas are harvested there as are a number of cereal fields, I saw several good groups of specks, Canadas and whites on Monday and Tuesday,,, I suspect we may be seeing birds flying over the parkland becuz a lack of harvested crops???

shummies likes this.