Ed's Red Bore Cleaner Formula

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by 10GAGENUT, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Packrattusnongratus

Packrattusnongratus New Member

Thinking out loud here but isn't the Kroil quite a bit stronger smell for critters to sense? Just thinking about whitetail and feral pigs. Every time I read feral pigs I think Federal Pigs. Bad thing; tantamount to getting serious nightmares! Be Well, Packy!

2. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

A diesel tractor sitting on the edge of a field smells a lot stronger than a tiny residue of Ed's Red on your gun, and that poor tractor doesn't alarm the deer and pigs. It's the smell of humans that alerts animals, not common agricultural odors like oils, greases, fuels, rubber, paint, fertilizer, etc.
    But I'm glad to see you thinking!

3. Packrattusnongratus

Packrattusnongratus New Member

I'm thinking specifically about Kroil. It is stronger by quite a bit than any other oil I commonly use. Put some Kroil on for aftershave and see what it does to the ladies. Be Well, Packy.

4. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

With Kroil I've always been hesitant to use it so never have, lot of good comments on it but just as many bad ones it seems. One guy was trying to tell me Kriol will eat up finishes on certain guns and plastic parts also, any truth to that or more BS from the crowd again???

5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Is Kroil stronger than diesel fuel? I haven't seen any indication that petroleum products used in agriculture are alarming to deer or pigs.
    Can't speak to its effectiveness in attracting women; never tried it.

As far as attacking gun finishes or plastics, I suppose if Kroil sat on a finish long enough it could cause damage. Just about any petroleum product could....particularly ATF. :tu

I do know that Kroil is unsurpassed as a penetrating oil.