Electric carving knife

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Farm4wildlife, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Farm4wildlife

Farm4wildlife Elite Refuge Member

Looking for an electric, prefer cordless knife for carving large amounts of meat daily. Didn't know if anyone here was familiar with them. I have looked at both the bubba fillet knife and the Waring cordless.

Using in a commercial kitchen and a meat slicer won't work. Need something around 7" minimum blade length.

Any recommendations?

2. Long Shot

Long Shot Senior Refuge Member

I am sure a restaurant supply co. would be able to help.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator

I just got a new one for Christmas, though it is a corded one. I don't carve at the table, so I am always near an outlet. Never have to worry about the battery level that way.

I did a lot of research before I gave the wife my request. I went with the Black and Decker model. Looks to be the same knife, corded or cordless. Highly rated across the internet. I am happy with it. I have done 2 turkeys and a prime.

https://knifegeeky.com/best-electric-knife/

4. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

When I was in college 50+ years ago a fraternity brother and I decided to make a little cash over Christmas break. We got a job demonstrating the “New and Exciting Hamilton Beach Electric Knife”, in a Supermarket in Kansas City. This is the first time it came available for purchase. We cut endless loaves of French bread. I got careless and dam near cut my left thumb off, I had to have 12 or 14 stitches. Here I was with a big bandage in my thumb, our supervisor came along an asked what happened, we got fired....but we did sell a helluva bunch of them. I still have a scar on my thumb. We did have lots of fun and met a bunch of cute girls.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  5. Farm4wildlife

I have looked through a few of them. Not a lot out there that I found, just the Waring model.

6. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Really? Can you not go to the inter-web and look for a electric knife?

7. Farm4wildlife

That's what I have done. That's why I stated two different brands.

However I'm not certain looking at pictures of them how they will do. Looking to see if anyone has experience with them.

I figured someone here would at least be familiar with the rapala fillet knife.

8. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

News flash----this is the interwebs...:doh

callinfowl likes this.
  9. Long Shot

Long Shot Senior Refuge Member

I have a Rapala filet knife, it’s the HD model. It’s the cord model & works well. Rapala makes a cordless model but the reviews are not very good. I have had American Angler, Piranaha & Rapala electric filet knives, I like the Rapala HD as well as any.

Farm4wildlife likes this.
  10. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I've got a HB electric knife that's probably 50 years old and it's still truckin' along. Never tried to slice my thumb off though.