Duck Hunters' Forum Sponsors

ESPN yanks Hank Jr.

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by THEIRCOMMITED10, Sep 8, 2020.

1. oleww

oleww Senior Refuge Member

2. Peter Goodman

Peter Goodman Senior Refuge Member

The problem with politically correct is that it sneaks up on you. Initially you might think someone has a point, if not quite yours. But after you are hit in the head enough with it, most of us move on. That's what a lot of politicians don't seem to ever get. 100 Years ago you grew up and died in one town, went to one bar, and since TV didn't exist watched the same movies - sort of boring if you think about it, but no one complained. Add in TV and most of us had 3 channels, mostly sit-coms and dramas like Dragnet or Bonanza - nothing that anyone would be turned off by. Today the idea seems to be that with 400 TV channels you can always change the channel - and what the main media outlets seems to not get is that we will. If I have a choice of watching Sunday Night Football and Yellowstone is on the answer is obvious. And with remote work seeming to catch on with corporate america, do I really need to live in NYC, Portland, Seattle, etc. when I can do the same job living in Outer Banks, NC? No, might kind of be interested in moving. And then if you want to feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for the waiter in the city restaurant who can't make enough in tips to cover his rent - except the law says he can't be evicted... though don't see anything about the banks forgiving the mortgage payments of the land lords. Point being, people are more able to move to a better place, change the channel, tell Alexa to play Hank Jr. than they ever could before. Maybe the powers that (want to) be will eventually figure that out.

3. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I have only seen a small part of it but Hank has an awesome gun collection and he knows guns and hunting. Mounted critters everywhere! Has a Russian wheel mounted MG... Something you don't often see in private collections.

4. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Senior Refuge Member

Did not know they brought him back. Faith was kinda cute!

5. KAHunter

KAHunter Elite Refuge Member

The originally pulled him bc he called Obama hitler? If calling someone hitler is a fire-able offense lets keep it going. I have plenty of liberals I know who have said that numerous times about Trump.

6. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

The NFL and the owners are killing themselves. They need to fire today Roger Goodell. the guy is a cancer.

lugnut and dog duck gun like this.
  7. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

File under:
    dilligaf

seiowa likes this.
  8. Vahunter

Vahunter Elite Refuge Member

The NBA guy looks even more pathetic. Besides, athletes really have amassed some real power in major pro sports for a number of reasons - huge salaries, endorsement deals, sycophantic press with 24/7 coverage.....
    It really looks like they don't have the P/R savvy to go along with it, if I had to guess.

dog duck gun and Fowler267 like this.
  9. J.SCOTT

J.SCOTT Senior Refuge Member

The nfl is going to make Vince McMahons football league viable. I seriously doubt that I will watch a game this season. I'll tune in to the super bowl for the commercials.

10. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

I don't even do that anymore. The political opinions of actors, musicians, sports figures et al. do not interest me, even if those opinions coincide with my own. Hit your mark, make your music, chase that ball, and leave it at that. If you just HAVE to get your opinion out there, write a book. jm2

dog duck gun likes this.