Ever been bit by a horse ?

Humpback A5

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
When I was a young pup we visited my uncles place in Ky. and just as I was about to mount the paint horse he had it turned it's head and bit my leg.......best I can remember it hurt like hell and I screamed like a banchee.

My uncle was standing there and although the horse didn't drop like after being hit by Mongo in the movie Blazing Saddles he doubled up his fist and hit the horse dead between the eyes so hard that even I felt it.....my uncle then said for me to go ahead and get back on but I declined.

Horse-Bite.gif

mongo.gif

Aunt Betty

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Not like that no.
I got bit in the cheek ...back pocket because someone fed them treats from theirs.
Nicked on the hand too. Did something dumb and horse said no.

bird junkie

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Been bit,thrown and kicked. I got put on a horse that I was told could be rode and we went over 5 times before he would let me stay on his back.

stevena198301

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I been smashed up against a wall by one as a kid. Had a buddy get bit by a shetland pony when we were kids, and it wouldn't let go of his finger. His grandpa beat that horses face in with a wooden brush before it would let go.

Il. MudDuk

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave a four horses a few treats of apple and hay in an indoor arena. A big, formerly Amish owned work horse was the most docile of the four. When I went to hand him his apple or hay, one of the other four was either jealous or asserting his dominance when he walked up, spun around quick as a flash and either went to kick me or the big docile horse....and caught me in the upper inner thigh, maybe 6 inches from my manhood, with his back right hoof.
That was last June and I swear I have a dent in my thigh.

I wish someone had videotaped it as it felt like I flew thru the air 10 feet though I suppose it just knocked me down.

num70

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
11 or 12 years old.
Feeding a horse carrots and got bit on the forearm.
If I've even touched 3 horses since then I'd be surprised.
The one animal I really don't like at all and I think they sense it.

widgeon

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I jad friends in the country that had two horses and a Shetland pony. All untrained pasture horses. There were five of us and we would chase them down into a corner and then hold them while someone got in their backs bareback. We'd ride them out the dirt road. Whoever got on that Shetland had to watch it because she would reach around and try to bite their legs. Once we turned towards the barn it was all over. They wouldn't stop for nothing and we only got one ride a day because we were to tired to round them up again.

Latest posts