Ever feel like Job?

yeehaw

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Dodge hemi 5th cylinder and cam shaft replaced $6200
Made it 1000 miles engine blew

My mechanic took $1500 for towing and didn't pay towing Company so I just paid another $1100

Jasper engine ordered 12 K for engine & labor
I guess that's one bright side to my engine problems. I have the same motor, had a code for the 5th cylinder. My mechanic shop (been going to the same place for years) started digging, found multiple cylinders with problems, rocker problems, cam shaft. Eventually they stopped, said it wasn't worth fixing because the total cost was starting to ballpark around the cost of a new motor. Then they called around to price salvage motors, reman motors, and new. Was going to run around $12k any way you sliced it. Rather than pushing me to fix it, the tech, the service manager, and the owner all 3 advised it wasn't worth it. The service manager told me to limp it home and he'd ask around to see if he can find anyone set up to install another motor on the side so I don't have to pay $110/hr labor.

Per your situation, it definitely could've been worse.

Bright spot of the day.....my bro-in-law went to an estate auction today and bought me the exact same model mower the homeowner sold out from under me. Got it for $1250 instead of the $2k I was going to pay for the first one.

Also got word that a close friend of the family who has gone to hell and back dealing with throat cancer, just got a clean scan showing no more cancer.

JoJer

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
We thought we got good info from our house inspection. Found some other stuff he seemed to have missed. Three days after our inspection, he was on his long-waited "trip of a lifetime", paragliding in Portugal. He didn't get all the gear he shipped over, but had time constraints, so he "run what he brung" and died in a crash.

goosenazi

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I guess that's one bright side to my engine problems. I have the same motor, had a code for the 5th cylinder. My mechanic shop (been going to the same place for years) started digging, found multiple cylinders with problems, rocker problems, cam shaft. Eventually they stopped, said it wasn't worth fixing because the total cost was starting to ballpark around the cost of a new motor. Then they called around to price salvage motors, reman motors, and new. Was going to run around $12k any way you sliced it. Rather than pushing me to fix it, the tech, the service manager, and the owner all 3 advised it wasn't worth it. The service manager told me to limp it home and he'd ask around to see if he can find anyone set up to install another motor on the side so I don't have to pay $110/hr labor.

Per your situation, it definitely could've been worse.

Bright spot of the day.....my bro-in-law went to an estate auction today and bought me the exact same model mower the homeowner sold out from under me. Got it for $1250 instead of the $2k I was going to pay for the first one.

Also got word that a close friend of the family who has gone to hell and back dealing with throat cancer, just got a clean scan showing no more cancer.
12k? Hell anyone need a 4.7 from a Dodge/Jeep? Lower miles and great runner. For the low price of 10k I’ll probably deliver and install…..

salthunter

Reaction score
I can say Ive never had it to bad,,
With gratitude we havent gone through what many do. We have three healthy daughters who are "good people", My wifes been cancer free for nearly 30 years ( was given a 5% chance of making it 20 years)
The only debt we owe is to keep giving to others who need a bit of help.

I keep waking up on the grassy side

Timber Hole

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
You need to think outside the box…….

When I was a kid we got picked on by the older neighborhood thugs. Eventually my mom got sick of it. She got ahold of one of the thugs and held him while I gave him some blows to the stomach!! I am not sure if this is still an acceptable practice!!! :l

yeehaw

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
Good news.....got the A/C fixed on the cheap (replaced 3 capacitors for 1), got 2 floors of carpet done, and picked up the new-to-me mower.

Bad news.....the people who were supposed to buy our old house got a little too pushy with their buyers and their contract fell apart....so our contract did also. Have to put ours back on the market. Found out the internet provider at the new house lied about the speed (10mbps vs the 70 they claimed) and my wife and I both work from home so that's a no-go. I won't get into the battles with ServPro and the insurance company but so far ive got $1k credited off the bill. Borrowed my father-in-law's truck, wound up with a flat tire inside a conservation area with an electric gate. Had my wife bring an air compressor to me, it was dead. Got the spare on and ready to go.....5 minutes after the automatic gate closed. No answers to calls for someone to come unlock the gate. One adjustable wrench and a screwdriver, found my own way out.

If you need to find me......just follow the swarm of locusts. :yes

Grif

Elite Refuge Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news.....got the A/C fixed on the cheap (replaced 3 capacitors for 1), got 2 floors of carpet done, and picked up the new-to-me mower.

Bad news.....the people who were supposed to buy our old house got a little too pushy with their buyers and their contract fell apart....so our contract did also. Have to put ours back on the market. Found out the internet provider at the new house lied about the speed (10mbps vs the 70 they claimed) and my wife and I both work from home so that's a no-go. I won't get into the battles with ServPro and the insurance company but so far ive got $1k credited off the bill. Borrowed my father-in-law's truck, wound up with a flat tire inside a conservation area with an electric gate. Had my wife bring an air compressor to me, it was dead. Got the spare on and ready to go.....5 minutes after the automatic gate closed. No answers to calls for someone to come unlock the gate. One adjustable wrench and a screwdriver, found my own way out.

If you need to find me......just follow the swarm of locusts. :yes

Dude....it turned out the best thing that ever happened to my wife and I was that our house burned to the ground when little Grif was just 3 months old.

I'm just saying.....and you have two houses....so..... :l:l