Ever shoot a pet duck while hunting?

ducslayer

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I was up north (Gridley area) to hunt ducks,as I pulled into my Sister and Brother in law's house two mallards landed in the ditch across the street.I uncased my gun and went after them. I shot the drake when they jumped up......The sucker must have weighed 5+ pounds so he had to me farm raised. Biggest Mallard I ever saw!:doh

GUNNERX2

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
I had a flock of mallards coming in off the Chesapeake Bay and killed an all white duck out of the flock.
That happened to someone in some flooded timber I used to hunt. He singled out the whitey and dumped it. Turned out to be a banded albino.

A-Ron G

Senior Refuge Member
Reaction score
4E5D75E6-A074-4818-B465-2AFBD32CF050.jpeg

burgawboy

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Was hunting a swamp one morning in the late 90's when spinners first became popular. Had the spinner on when about a dozen mallards came into view. One of the hens starts quacking and beelines straight to the spinner quacking the entire time. Shot her mid quack. She was a clip toe. Funny as hell.

HONKSRWORKN

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
Ive killed plenty of Park/Honker Hybrids ,duck no telling ... Did mount one for a dude long time ago , dude brings me this bird wrapped in a brown paper bag and I thought damn I swear he said it was a Mallard ...cus this thing was huge , the size of an adult snow ... turns out it was the biggest Greenhead Id ever laid eyes on I was like holly cow thats a GIANT Mallard .. Dude was smiling ear to ear hes like I know .. I said where did you shoot this thing ... a little road side pond (puddle Jumping) back when we had quite a bit more rain here in Ca they were common .. He says they all flew but this one .. I was like so you dont think it was a pet ...says dont care I want it mounted flying coming in .... Just kinda funny to me .. Those roadside puddles used to hold lots of ducks , not necessarily right off the road but far enough to hold lots and lots of green heads and boy used to whack em .. that was when Ca still had lots of Mallards ...

oleww

Elite Refuge Member
Reaction score
1663992416400.jpeg

Back yard pets or wild? IDK…. I don’t care either.

Latest posts