Evinrude.......

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Matt Barnard, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Matt Barnard

Matt Barnard Elite Refuge Member

Does anyone think Evinrude may restart with outboards? Is there any rumors of it being for sale? Just wondering. I find it hard to believe that it would close the doors forever.

2. darkvibe

darkvibe Elite Refuge Member

Evinrude was less than 3% of bombardiers business. I can see why they closed it.

3. Kola16

Kola16 Senior Refuge Member

Yes there are rumors they are coming back. Rumors that they will come back with the "Ghost" outboard that is kind of like an I/O jet outboard sort of thing. Also rumors they will come out with a 4-stroke. Their Wisconsin plant is supposedly back open and cranking out pontoon boats with the ghost engine.

All rumors from me though I have nothing to back it. I think Evinrude is "ghosting" us...

4. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk Elite Refuge Member

I would love to see an Evinrude comeback, but I'm not holding my breath. More competition in the industry would mean more innovation. I'd really love to see a resurgence of 2-strokes for the lighter weight and better hole shot. Although I believe the E-tech was almost as heavy as a 4-stroke thanks to the government mandated emissions junk.

Tuleman likes this.